[Help & FAQ] AirDroid Web - SMS

Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:34 am in FAQ

page 2 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to
Matthew Ecker

Re: [Help & FAQ] AirDroid Web - SMS

I get that you can detect I'm using Linux on the download page, but not letting me download the client is a bit extreme. I just want to try running it in WINE, why do you force auto-downloads? Now I have to spin up a VM and move the file over, very unintuitive (yes I know I'm a very small segment of your userbase).
Matthew Ecker
Coffee Admin

I get that you can detect I'm using Linux on the download page, but not letting me download the client is a bit extreme. I just want to try running it in WINE, why do you force auto-downloads? Now I have to spin up a VM and move the file over, very unintuitive (yes I know I'm a very small segment of your userbase).
Hi,

Sorry about that :(

Considered that your use case is not very common for all Linux users and we don't hope Linux users download something can't be run on their OS.

If you need it, you can download it from this link: http://dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid_Desktop_Client_3.2.1.1.exe
Coffee
Admin
Lauren Maddison

I'm assuming because android treats group texts like multimedia messages and I just read that there isn't support for MMS messages on here i guess. It's an instant uninstall for me. It's a shame too because this looks amazing but I can't be missing all my MMS messages and group messages. Lots of people are on here saying that they are "missing" messages or that they dissapeared. Well, I bet that's why. I'd guess that the ones that are missing are the MMS ones. Oh well

I've been really wanting a good alternative to Mighty Text as I find it unreliable. Since I've used Airdroid for a long time for file transfers, I thought using it for texting would be perfect. How disappointing to discover that MMS is not supported. How else am I going to get my much needed photo and video updates of my new grandson? Odd that there is no really good solution for keeping one's texting synchronized with the PC
Lauren Maddison
DJ

I am having same issue with Droid MAXX running KitKat 4.4.4. Why don't group SMS text converstaions that I am having on my phone show up on my AirDroid text box on my desktop where all the other single-recipient text strings do show up?
DJ
Clive

Sorry, it's not supported yet. But we'll consider this Image

Please, I'd like this function too
Clive
jerzy

Hi, why SMS which is sent from AirDroid web not showing on my phone?
jerzy
LuigiMonfredi

hi, i'm trying to understand a singular bug: i send sms from my pc by webairdroid to a friend. the friend riceives the sms but i can't see it written on the screen of my pc on webairdroid. furthermore i can't see it sent on my smartphone, but he received the sms! i'm getting crazy. my device is huawei p8lite os android 5.0. thanks for your help.
LuigiMonfredi
jerzy

LuigiMonfredi wrote:hi, i'm trying to understand a singular bug: i send sms from my pc by webairdroid to a friend. the friend riceives the sms but i can't see it written on the screen of my pc on webairdroid. furthermore i can't see it sent on my smartphone, but he received the sms! i'm getting crazy. my device is huawei p8lite os android 5.0. thanks for your help.

Hi Luigi, I have the same problem, Huawei P8, android 5.0, maybe someone can help us.
jerzy
EEG

Coffee wrote:
Also, i just started using this to send messages and it is missing lots of messages, even after refreshijng. i came over from MightyText because I thought they were bad missing messages but this is way worse. Is there something Im missing?
Hi, can you tell me the device model and Android version? Does the recipient get the message?

We've noticed the issue that Msg sent on AirDroid Web did't appear on the phone and we're looking into this now. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused :(

I am looking at transferring from Mighty Text too for the same reason but now I see you are having this issue too. Can you keep me posted as to when you get this fixed.

I am using an Alcatel One Touch phone running Android 4.2.2. The phone is used exclusively for sending and receiving SMS messages by about 5 computers in the office running MightyText.
EEG
JP

Hi! Recently, I'm enjoying this AirDroid App especially on sending SMS thru PC even though my CP is at the other room. But now, when I'm trying to send a message, it fails. I've noticed that it is using my 2nd sim card (which has no load). I don't know why it changes from Sim 1 to Sim 2. At first, I have no problem sending messages, but I don't know what happen. I'm hoping you could help me.
JP
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235019

Latest Member: lying lichen

Online: 27