[Help & FAQ] Use AirMirror in Non-Rooted Way

Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm in FAQ

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] Use AirMirror in Non-Rooted Way

AirMirror in non-rooted way--USB Debugging

Since AirDroid Android v3.1.6, AirDroid Mac v3.2.1, AirDroid Win v3.2.2 non-rooted Android running 4.1+ can use AirMirror without Root.

You can do the one time setting to use AirMirror on rooted devices.( Here is how)

However, if you prefer a non- rooted way to use AirMirror, it is easy too! Just following the step below:

Click AirMirror > Non-root

Follow the instruction to connect the devices to the computer via USB cable and please make sure that connection mode is MTP, and enable "USB debugging" to start remote control without root.

If you don't see a pop up on your phone for you to enable USB debugging, go to "Setting" > "About phone" > Tap "Build number" for 7 times to enable "Developer options".

3. Turn on "Developer options" > enable "USB debugging".

And if your phone is Xiaomi, you should enable USB deugging(security setting) so that you can control your phone from PC.

After all settings are done, connect your device to your computer and click Setting completed.

TaDa! You can now use AirMirror to access your devices anytime, anywhere!

Note:
1.You need to reset USB debugging if you reboot the device(s).
2.If your device is rooted but the permission was denied for AirDroid, please try to use AirMirror with non-root (instruction above).

A list of known AirMirror supported Roms for Rooted devices. Please note that due to different ROMs, network environment and many other factors, you may be unable to use AirMirror though the Rom of your device is listed. Also, some ROMs not in the list may be able to use AirMirror. (Only the Roms with relatively high success rate are listed).

[Help & FAQ] AirMirror

[Help & FAQ] AirMirror in Root Way

[Help & FAQ] Why I Can't Use AirMirror

[Help & FAQ] Do I need any plugin to use AirMirror?
2 people like this post.
Coffee
Admin
sandy wicaksono

Re: [Help & FAQ] Use AirMirror in Non-Root Way

Coffee wrote:Since AirDroid Android v3.1.6, AirDroid Mac v3.2.1, non-rooted Android running 4.1+ can use AirMirror without Root. Support for AirDroid Win is on its way!

How to use AirMirror with Non-rooted Android on AirDroid Mac?
Initiate AirMirror on the device you want to control, click View the setting guide and you’ll get the guide on how to continue:

The following settings should be done on your phone:

After all settings are done, connect your Android to your Mac and click Setting completed. Start, you can now use AirMirror!

Note:
i) You only need to set this for one time if you never reboot the phone. But if you reboot your phone, you need to do it again.
ii) If your device is rooted but AirDroid failed to gain the permission, you can try to use AirMirror in non-root way.

i use note 4 it still unable to connect AirMirror, why ?
Screenshot.png
Attachments
Screenshot.png
rakib khan likes this post.
sandy wicaksono
Coffee Admin

i use note 4 it still unable to connect AirMirror, why ?ImageAttachmentsImage
Hi, sorry that use AirMirror in Non-Root Way only supports AirDroid Mac now. It will go to AirDroid Win soon.
2 people like this post.
Coffee
Admin
ramzyb

Running latest version of AirDroid. Don't have the same screen as you. Just says "close".

Windows 10 x64
Nexus 6P.

2 people like this post.
ramzyb
Ilse

Same issue here.
Nipa babu likes this post.
Ilse
Coffee Admin

@ramzyb @ilse

Hi,

Sorry that AirDroid Win can't use AirMirror in Non-Root Way now. But it will come out soon.
Coffee
Admin
AloE

Hi Coffee, please post in this thread as soon as AirDroid Win supports non-root...I have a Nexus 7 2013 running stock Android 6.0.1....hoping to keep a couple devices without root access...( fyi...2 other rooted Nexus 7s with CyanogenMod11 work fine with the great AirMirror product! ) Thank you, Chadwick
Ll likes this post.
AloE
Coffee Admin

Hi Coffee, please post in this thread as soon as AirDroid Win supports non-root...I have a Nexus 7 2013 running stock Android 6.0.1....hoping to keep a couple devices without root access...( fyi...2 other rooted Nexus 7s with CyanogenMod11 work fine with the great AirMirror product! ) Thank you, Chadwick

I will. And, shh, support for AirDroid Win will come out soon.
Coffee
Admin
flink

Hi Coffee, I did the whole non-root procedure (USB Debugging). Although the Tablets are never rebooted, AirMirror/Airdroid tells me that it failed to get root permissions and I have to do all the steps again!

Doesn't the Tablet remember it?
flink
Coffee Admin

Hi Coffee, I did the whole non-root procedure (USB Debugging). Although the Tablets are never rebooted, AirMirror/Airdroid tells me that it failed to get root permissions and I have to do all the steps again!

Doesn't the Tablet remember it?
Did you use AirMirror on the same computer? If yes, pls tell me your Android version, device model, and ROM.

And pls also attach the logs to help us troubleshoot:

Phone:
/sdcard/airdroid/exception.log
/sdcard/android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log
/sdcard/android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/AirMirror.RemoteInpute.log

Desktop:
​Win:
Right click on AirDroid icon > select open file location > logs and exception.

​Mac: Create a file named log.dll in application support/airdroid/ Open AirDroid and log in. And then Click Finder > click Go > Press Alt until Library shows > Click Library > Application Support > AirDroid.
2 people like this post.
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 49