[Help & FAQ] AirIME: how to use your computer keyboard to type on your phone?

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:10 am in FAQ

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Dora Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] AirIME: how to use your computer keyboard to type on your phone?

AirIME is a new feature introduced in AirDroid v3.3.0 that allows you to use your computer keyboard to type on your phone.

To get started, install AirDroid on both your PC/Mac and phone. Sign in to Desktop AirDroid and Android AirDroid , and then follow the guide below:
1. Open AirDroid on your computer > click Airmirror > click AirIMe .

2. And then you will be prompted to do a one-time setting:

If you are a first-time user, following the instruction to connect the devices to the computer via USB cable, and enable "USB debugging"
  • Go to "Setting" > "About phone" > Tap "Build number" for 7 times to enable "Developer options".

• Turn on "Developer options" > enable "USB debugging".

3. After all settings are done on your phone, click [Done] on your PC/Mac, and now you can use computer keyboard to type on your phone!

Note: You don't need to set this again until your phone is rebooted. Once your phone is rebooted, you just need to connect it to the computer via USB cable again, so that the auto switching of input method can work flawlessly. If you skip the settings of USB debugging, you have to switch input methods every time you start AirIME.
3 people like this post.
Dora
Admin
Diet1512

Re: [Help & FAQ] AirIME: how to use your computer keyboard to type on your phone?

Echt leuk programma xx
Diet1512
guillealarcon

Re: [Help & FAQ] AirIME: how to use your computer keyboard to type on your phone?

Hi there!

I was using this feature but suddenly stop working, I didn't installed any software in pc or change some setting in the phone...

What could be my error? I did all those steps from 0, but nothing helps =/
guillealarcon
Dora Admin

Hi @guillealarcon, is there any error message? Would you please send us the screenshot when it stop woking?
เก้า+นะ+จร้ likes this post.
Dora
Admin
JSM

My AirIME was working quite nicely up to yesterday, with USB debugging. However yesterday I think a new update rolled out, and it stopped working. It gets hung at the connecting to my phone (an LG). It keeps telling me to turn on USB debugging, which it is - but it can't connect. Is there any way to roll back versions?
JSM
JSM

JSM wrote:My AirIME was working quite nicely up to yesterday, with USB debugging. However yesterday I think a new update rolled out, and it stopped working. It gets hung at the connecting to my phone (an LG). It keeps telling me to turn on USB debugging, which it is - but it can't connect. Is there any way to roll back versions?

I still haven't received a reply regarding this. I am almost 100% sure that the problem is because of the new feature of AirIme to automatically select the Airdroid keyboard on the phone, which feature my phone does not support. Because of that it keeps hanging while connecting to the phone and thus the AirIme feature (which I love) is useless. Is there any way you can at least add a toggle switch in Settings to "Automatically select AirDroid keyboard on phone"? (Since my phone, it appears, doesn't support that.) Thanks!
bina likes this post.
JSM
TiantianTheBoss

Je connais pas l'anglias. Y at'il du français chez Airdroid?
Merci
TiantianTheBoss
u

hi how aer u
u
Lillian Admin

hi how aer u

Hello my friend~
Lillian
Admin
Lillian Admin

Je connais pas l'anglias. Y at'il du français chez Airdroid?
Merci

Hi, AirDroid French version is available actually
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 46