[Help & FAQ] AirDroid v3.3.1 Update: Backup all the photos on the your phone to your own computer

Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:41 am in FAQ

page 3 / 7 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 >> go to
Lillian Admin

Re: [New] AirDroid v3.3.1 Update: Backup all the photos on the your phone to your own computer

Can I use AirDroid to backup text messages?

Hi,deeply that AirDroid doesn't support backup text messages for now
We are considering and discussing within our team. Please kindly stay tuned~~
Lillian
Admin
‫الـــمــنـهـال

Re: [New] AirDroid v3.3.1 Update: Backup all the photos on the your phone to your own computer

[center]المنهالي[sizeimg=20x20]http://forums.airdroid.com/styles/airdroid/template/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/abcde18.gif[/sizeimg][/center]
‫الـــمــنـهـال
‫الـــمــنـهـال

[center]المنهالي[sizeimg=20x20]http://forums.airdroid.com/styles/airdroid/template/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/abcde18.gif[/sizeimg][/center]‘
‫الـــمــنـهـال
lk

Dora wrote:Cloud backup solutions, like Google Photos and Dropbox, are great for making your photos taken on the phone available on all your devices. But, when you start thinking how important some of your photos are, you may think again if it's a good idea to rely solely on a cloud service for all those precious memories. And this is a reason why we are experimenting with a new feature in AirDroid called Backup.

Backup allows you to backup all the photos in your camera album on the phone to your computer via local network. It's safe, fast and works automatically.

Safe
All photo backups are transferred directly through your local network and saved to your own computer. No photo will pass through our servers. You don't have to worry about someone hacking into your cloud backup account and steal all your photos anymore.

Fast
Everything happens on your local network so it's really fast and stable. The network will no longer be the bottleneck of backup speed.

Automatic

Few people would remember doing backups when there are new photos. So, to make the backup feature really work, we added an automatic backup option. With automatic backup option on, AirDroid will start backup your new photos automatically when the phone battery level is higher than 40%. To save battery, you can also turn on the option of "Only when charging", to start backup only when the phone is being charged.

To start using the backup feature, you'll need to have desktop client v3.3.1 and Android client v3.2.1 installed. The latest release is being gradually rolled out. Cannot wait? You can download the APK now from our website: www.airdroid.com.

We hope you enjoy this new feature, and if you have any feedback please feel free to drop us a line at support@airdroid.com.
lk
Margot

Cloud backup solutions, like Google Photos and Dropbox, are great for making your photos taken on the phone available on all your devices. But, when you start thinking how important some of your photos are, you may think again if it's a good idea to rely solely on a cloud service for all those precious memories. And this is a reason why we are experimenting with a new feature in AirDroid called Backup.

Backup allows you to backup all the photos in your camera album on the phone to your computer via local network. It's safe, fast and works automatically.

Safe
All photo backups are transferred directly through your local network and saved to your own computer. No photo will pass through our servers. You don't have to worry about someone hacking into your cloud backup account and steal all your photos anymore.

Fast
Everything happens on your local network so it's really fast and stable. The network will no longer be the bottleneck of backup speed.

Automatic

Few people would remember doing backups when there are new photos. So, to make the backup feature really work, we added an automatic backup option. With automatic backup option on, AirDroid will start backup your new photos automatically when the phone battery level is higher than 40%. To save battery, you can also turn on the option of "Only when charging", to start backup only when the phone is being charged.

To start using the backup feature, you'll need to have desktop client v3.3.1 and Android client v3.2.1 installed. The latest release is being gradually rolled out. Cannot wait? You can download the APK now from our website: www.airdroid.com.

We hope you enjoy this new feature, and if you have any feedback please feel free to drop us a line at support@airdroid.com.

This sounds amazing-- prior to me doing this backup feature-- may you please advise me-- I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and a Mac--I just downloaded Airdroid 3--and moved all 2k+ photos onto computer within Airdroid software--not a problem. But HOW do you then move the photos from Airdroid to Iphoto? And along that line--what's the real difference between downloading (which seems to be too big--get converted to zip, and not importable) and uploading (which has a confusing drag and drop feature on Airdroid that doesn't seem to work?) Thanks, Mac user
Margot
Mary+Melanson

[classquote=item-user-modify][uid=61385][/uid]Cloud backup solutions, like Google Photos and Dropbox, are great for making your photos taken on the phone available on all your devices. But, when you start thinking how important some of your photos are, you may think again if it's a good idea to rely solely on a cloud service for all those precious memories. And this is a reason why we are experimenting with a new feature in AirDroid called Backup.

[sizeimg=600x413]http://blog.airdroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/screenshot-pc.jpg[/sizeimg]

Safe

[sizeimg=300x284]http://blog.airdroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/screenshot-android-backup-300x284.jpg[/sizeimg]

Fast

[sizeimg=300x283]http://blog.airdroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/screenshot-android-backup-3-300x283.jpg[/sizeimg]

Automatic

[sizeimg=300x161]http://blog.airdroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/screenshot-android-backup-4-300x161.jpg[/sizeimg]

To start using the backup feature, you'll need to have desktop client v3.3.1 and Android client v3.2.1 installed. The latest release is being gradually rolled out. Cannot wait? You can download the APK now from our website: [url=http://www.airdroid.com/]www.airdroid.com[/url].

We hope you enjoy this new feature, and if you have any feedback please feel free to drop us a line at support@airdroid.com. [/classquote]how to clean this up
Mary+Melanson
Chloe Yip

Hi. I'm a new Airdroid user. I've just backed up a folder which contained around 300 photos but I still want to back up a lot more photos from my phone to my Windows PC. However, I couldn't because it says all files are backed up once I've already chosen another folder and pressed the backup button. Why?
Chloe Yip
Charlene Admin

Hi. I'm a new Airdroid user. I've just backed up a folder which contained around 300 photos but I still want to back up a lot more photos from my phone to my Windows PC. However, I couldn't because it says all files are backed up once I've already chosen another folder and pressed the backup button. Why?

Hi Chloe,no worries, we will do everything we can to help you work it out. :)First,could you please tell us:

A. Phone model , Android OS version, AirDroid version;
B. Computer operating system name and version. AirDroid Desktop client version;
Charlene
Admin
Harry

I cannot get Backup to set up properly.

I have an HTC One M8 running Android version 6.0
The AirDroid version on the phone is 3.2.5 and my version on my PC is 3.3.3, running Windows 10

I get a message on the desktop app, "Please set a computer as a backup destination on the phone"
When I click on the backup icon on the phone I get a screen telling me the 3 basic steps;

1. Connect phone & PC to same network - They are
2. Start Airdroid on phone and sign in to the same Airdroid account - I have
3.Install Airdroid etc. - I have

That's all I can do. Or is there another method of transferring my videos/pictures to my PC so I can delete them to make space on my phone?

Thanks.

Harry
Harry
Pookie

Hope you can help me understand how to (1) select the phone folders of data (pics & video) to be backed up; (2) select the destination folder on the computer; (3) permit or reject file duplicates or overwrites; (4) ensure that all folder structure and intended files on phone ("saved" to SD card or otherwise) are backed up correctly. Is there a delete option for individual files or folders on the phone? Also, does the backup preserve all EXIF and other file data unchanged?

Thanks for any guidance or reference to an AirDroid help screen.

Steve Capps ("Pookie")
smcapps47@gmail.com
Pookie
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 7 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 >> go to

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 24