[Help & FAQ] What’s Backup?

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:22 am in FAQ

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Dora Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] What’s Backup?

Backup helps you back up photos from phone to computer via local connection. It only supports backing up photos via local connection currently, i.e. phone & computer should be connected to the same network.

How to use Backup from phone?

Step 1: tap Tools > Backup button:

Step 2: Tap Backup:

Step 3: Select the computer where you want to keep photos. If there's no computer under your account, you can add a computer following the instructions:

Step 4: After you choose a computer in step 3, tap "Yes" and it will begin:

Note: Backup feature only backs up photos stored in Camera folder on your phone, e.g. "/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera" or "/storage/sdcard1/DCIM/Camera" if you have more than one cards.

How to use Backup from computer?

Step 1: Click File Transfer > Backup

Step 2: Click Backup

Step 3: Follow the instructions to set "Automatic backup" on your phone and then click "Done".

Step 4: You can click "Open folder" to check the photos:

Dora
Admin
jeff.tspang

Re: [Help & FAQ] What’s Backup?

How do I migrate/restore backed up data to a new android phone?
jeff.tspang
Charlene Admin

How do I migrate/restore backed up data to a new android phone?

Hi, Jeff, you can transfer photos, musics, videos and etc to a new android phone via AirDroid Web.
http://web.airdroid.com/
But please note that currently AirDroid is not supportive for SMS and contact list export.
niky likes this post.
Charlene
Admin
titep

and when AirDroidwill be supportive for SMS and contact list export. ??
is there a way to save contact ??

Thx

:-)
titep
Or

Hi!
I can see the SMS on the screen of AirDroid on my PC. How do I save the file to my computer?
It's not in the PublicStaging folder (inside my docs) for some reason, although that's the destination defined in the settings.
Or
Charlene Admin

and when AirDroidwill be supportive for SMS and contact list export. ??
is there a way to save contact ??

Thx

:-)
Hi!
I can see the SMS on the screen of AirDroid on my PC. How do I save the file to my computer?
It's not in the PublicStaging folder (inside my docs) for some reason, although that's the destination defined in the settings.

Hi both,we are sorry that so far this feature is still unavailable.We are still developing feasible possibility. As we AirDroid provide a total solution, like all the features we have added in the past year, we want to make sure every additional has perfect compatibility to offer you brilliant experience. We are still carefully evaluate it, so stay tuned, we will not hide it when it is ready! :)
Charlene
Admin
Grandmyrtle

Can I choose a different folder to send pictures to on my computer?
Grandmyrtle
Lillian Admin

Can I choose a different folder to send pictures to on my computer?

Hi,

If you choose "Photos" on web.airdroid.com to transfer, you may not be able to change the path to save pics.

You mya try to transfer on "Files" on web, then you can select the folder you want to transfer.
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16465
Lillian
Admin
danmo

Hi,

I specifically payed for premium so that I can backup my videos too, this doesn't seem to work. AirDroid is backing only photos at the moment.

Both android app and windows (8.1) desktop app have version is 3.2.6

Regards,
Dan
danmo
Lillian Admin

Hi,

I specifically payed for premium so that I can backup my videos too, this doesn't seem to work. AirDroid is backing only photos at the moment.

Both android app and windows (8.1) desktop app have version is 3.2.6

Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan, would you please open AirDroid on your phone, and check the user center to see if it has become Premium account?

If yes, pls try it again to open Camera.

If not, would you please log out and log in again to refresh the account status to make it become Premium account, and then try it again
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 7