AirDroid 3.2.2 Desktop Client not working on Windows 10

Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:58 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
wataf
OP

AirDroid 3.2.2 Desktop Client not working on Windows 10

I have been using AirDroid for about a month now with my GalaxyS6. The WebUI works fine but no matter what I do or try, the desktop client does not work with Windows 10. Luckily I found a fix, right clicking AirDroid/AirDroid.exe and changing it to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode fixes the issue. I just wanted to report this issue anyways, maybe others are having the same problems,

In Windows 10 however when I start it, the icon appears in the system tray (bottom right corner of the desktop) and I can see the AirDroid 3 process running in task manager but no UI pops up. I can't even interact with the icon in the system tray. Right clicking does nothing. The only way to stop the AirDroid process from running is killing the task.

If I go into the AirDroid installation folder and try to start AirCmd, AirDriod, Helper or Launcher nothing happens, no windows appear. Running the executables as an administrator makes no difference. Installing as an adminstrator makes no differences.

I noticed an exception txt file appears in the AirDriod/Exceptions folder but it only contains the following:

------------Time:1/22/2016 7:31:57 PM---------------
AirDroid Started

The issue seems somewhat similar to the issue posted here http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16011 but there are no effects on win+x.
wataf
Mos

Re: AirDroid 3.2.2 Desktop Client not working on Windows 10

Hi there

I tried to install the desktop version 3.3.0 but after installed when opened it just said stopped working and won't load the app. Any idea how to fix it ?

Thanks
Mos
raaomoka

Re: AirDroid 3.2.2 Desktop Client not working on Windows 10

Strange, I just recently upgraded my Surface Pro 2 to Windows 10 and it appears to still be working fine with my OnePlus One.

What hardware are you using? Could your security software be obstructing it? If you're not using Windows' buil-in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall as your security software, try disabling your third-party security software and see what happens.
raaomoka
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235466

Latest Member: amir Momeni

Online: 32