Failed Message From Notification Popup Not Listed In Message History

Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:29 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Jared Baszler
OP

Failed Message From Notification Popup Not Listed In Message History

When I reply to an SMS message via the notification popup and the message fails to send, the failed message should be stored in the message history when I open up the AirDroid desktop client (SMS window). That would allow me to resend using the red "retry" icon. Or, there should be a retry option within the notification popup itself. I feel like either or both of these options were present in an older version of AirDroid but it no longer does this.

As it currently stands, if I reply with a long message and it fails I have to retype the entire message. What I typed should be saved somewhere with the ability to retry sending the same message text.

Specs:
Win10 - latest build
Samsung S6
Android v. 6.0.1
AirDroid v. 4.0 (phone and desktop client) - although this behavior was also occurring prior to 4.0
Jared Baszler
Lillian Admin

Re: Failed Message From Notification Popup Not Listed In Message History

When I reply to an SMS message via the notification popup and the message fails to send, the failed message should be stored in the message history when I open up the AirDroid desktop client (SMS window). That would allow me to resend using the red "retry" icon. Or, there should be a retry option within the notification popup itself. I feel like either or both of these options were present in an older version of AirDroid but it no longer does this.

As it currently stands, if I reply with a long message and it fails I have to retype the entire message. What I typed should be saved somewhere with the ability to retry sending the same message text.

Specs:
Win10 - latest build
Samsung S6
Android v. 6.0.1
AirDroid v. 4.0 (phone and desktop client) - although this behavior was also occurring prior to 4.0

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that has caused.
Would you please clarify the following question so that we can better assist you;
1 Does it always fail when you are sending SMS, and it fails when send on the notification bar or SMS main window?
2 Does the issue--the SMS disappear after it fails to send--also happen when you send SMS on the main window of SMS?
Lillian
Admin
Jared Baszler

Re: Failed Message From Notification Popup Not Listed In Message History

1. It doesn't always fail - about 95% of SMS messages go through just fine - whether I use notification reply or main window. It would just be nice for the message to not disappear when it does fail.
2. If I use the main window the message populates into the message history right away so I'm able to re-try/re-send if a failure occurs.

For more clarity - the message I type into the notification bar should immediately populate the message history that I can view in the main SMS window. Then if there is a failure I don't have to retype the message I just tried to send.
Jared Baszler
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235030

Latest Member: Thomas

Online: 21