Incoming SMS (texts) are NOT coming into the PC app.question

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:50 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Angelica
OP

Incoming SMS (texts) are NOT coming into the PC app.

Outgoing texts sent through desktop app are going through to the cell and out to the recipients correctly, but incoming texts are not creating any PC notifications or conversations in the PC app.

Details:
  • The cell and PC seem to have connected to each other correctly.
  • I am not sure if this means anything, but the "Create a test notification" button on the cell app, creates a test notification pop-up on the lower right corner of the PC, but doesn't create a "conversation" in the "SMS" section of the PC app.
  • I tried shutting down and restarting the PC and the cell, also uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both with no success.
Thanks for the help!
Angelica
Lillian Admin

Re: Incoming SMS (texts) are NOT coming into the PC app.

Outgoing texts sent through desktop app are going through to the cell and out to the recipients correctly, but incoming texts are not creating any PC notifications or conversations in the PC app.

Details:
  • The cell and PC seem to have connected to each other correctly.
  • I am not sure if this means anything, but the "Create a test notification" button on the cell app, creates a test notification pop-up on the lower right corner of the PC, but doesn't create a "conversation" in the "SMS" section of the PC app.
  • I tried shutting down and restarting the PC and the cell, also uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both with no success.
Thanks for the help!

Hi Angelica,
  • Does this issue happen on web.airdroid.com, too?
  • "Create a test notification" is for the notification mirror service, instead of the SMS feature.
Lillian
Admin

abcdẻ
sherke

Hi Angelica,
  • Does this issue happen on web.airdroid.com, too?
  • "Create a test notification" is for the notification mirror service, instead of the SMS feature.

Not the OP but I'm having the same issue. Happens on the windows app as well as on web.airdroid.com. I've tried the same steps as OP to fix it, no dice. The problem only seemed to start happening after a software update on my phone that seemed to add new functionality to my SMS on the phone itself (namely, seeing when messages are delivered and read, and seeing when the other person is typing). Not sure what the software version number is or when exactly it was released, but I'm thinking maybe the updates to the SMS borked something with AirDroid? Everything else about AirDroid seems to be working fine, including sending messages from my PC, it's just not showing received SMS messages.
sherke
Lillian Admin

Not the OP but I'm having the same issue. Happens on the windows app as well as on web.airdroid.com. I've tried the same steps as OP to fix it, no dice. The problem only seemed to start happening after a software update on my phone that seemed to add new functionality to my SMS on the phone itself (namely, seeing when messages are delivered and read, and seeing when the other person is typing). Not sure what the software version number is or when exactly it was released, but I'm thinking maybe the updates to the SMS borked something with AirDroid? Everything else about AirDroid seems to be working fine, including sending messages from my PC, it's just not showing received SMS messages.

That seems to be a rare issue... Can you please report this issue via Feedback with AirDroid on your device?
Steps: open AirDroid on your phone-->Me--> Settings-->About--> Feedback.
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28318

Please do tick the box of “Attach error logs” so that our developers can check the issue for you. It would help us to gather the troubleshoot with more details (there’s no personal data collected), we shall be able to prioritize your request.

Should you have any further questions, always feel free to let us know anytime!
Lillian
Admin
Dale

I was having that issue as well. What I found was I had set the settings as only to send things when I was connected to WiFi. However I did not notice that the wifi on my phone was not turned on. Once I turned it on it started working perfectly.
Dale
Munkii

I had the same issues with the default message app. I set the default to textra and texts started coming through. I started having the same issues at the same time, when texts were showing if they had been read or not is when it broke. Possible work around for now if people are having the same issue.
Munkii
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 43