Messages not updating to stay current with phone....question

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:17 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Noch
OP

Messages not updating to stay current with phone....

Hello, I'm brand new to AirDroid; I came from MightyText. I like what I see so far with one exception. I am at this point mainly trying to use the app for texting while at work and at home. The problem that I'm experiencing is that my AirDroid app on the computer doesn't update when a person sends me a text or replies to one of mine. The only way I know there's a message out there is because I hear my phone notify me, I can manually refresh and the message(s) will show up but there is obviously something wrong. The way I understand it I should receive a notification AND the message should show up in the active conversation window automatically. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue so maybe someone has already found the solution. I'm using AirDroid 3.5.4 on Windows 10 and 4.1.5.0 on my Android 7.0 Moto G4. Yes they're both on the same Wifi network. Thanks for anyone who can help me.
Noch
Niki Admin

Re: Messages not updating to stay current with phone....

Hello, I'm brand new to AirDroid; I came from MightyText. I like what I see so far with one exception. I am at this point mainly trying to use the app for texting while at work and at home. The problem that I'm experiencing is that my AirDroid app on the computer doesn't update when a person sends me a text or replies to one of mine. The only way I know there's a message out there is because I hear my phone notify me, I can manually refresh and the message(s) will show up but there is obviously something wrong. The way I understand it I should receive a notification AND the message should show up in the active conversation window automatically. I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this issue so maybe someone has already found the solution. I'm using AirDroid 3.5.4 on Windows 10 and 4.1.5.0 on my Android 7.0 Moto G4. Yes they're both on the same Wifi network. Thanks for anyone who can help me.

Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback.

You can follow this steps to setting to see if it works.
Open Airdroid and go to Tools>Desktop Notif>choose Mirror SMS notification

And please make sure that Airdroid is opening in your device.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Noch

That is the piece I was missing! Seems to be working correctly now. Thank you so much for your speedy response.
Noch
Whitey

Hi Niki,

I have a sort-of similar problem with my Galaxy S8, with both the web interface and the Windows app.

When I open either the web interface or the Windows app for the first time after a re-boot, all of the messages will be shown in the list. But new messages since the re-boot are not shown in the list. Interestingly, new messages will appear as a pop-up, but they will not then be 'stored' in the main list.

I've checked the settings as per the previous posts in this thread and I've made sure that the phone isn't 'optimising' battery with respect to the app. Is there anything else I can try please?

Thanks in advance,
Tim.
Whitey
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 50