Auto-Sync photos and videos to computer?

Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:05 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
andyjc63
OP

Auto-Sync photos and videos to computer?

Hi!

I've just switched to AirDroid today since my HTC Sync Manager is having some problems. Is there a way for my phone to automatically sync photos and videos to my laptop so that I can easily have access and backup to those files on my laptop?
andyjc63
Coffee Admin

Re: Auto-Sync photos and videos to computer?

Hi!

I've just switched to AirDroid today since my HTC Sync Manager is having some problems. Is there a way for my phone to automatically sync photos and videos to my laptop so that I can easily have access and backup to those files on my laptop?

Sorry, auto sync is not supported now. You need to sync them to your laptop manually.

Two methods:
1. Transfer files from phone to laptop. Tap File Transfer icon in AirDroid app, and send files to AirDroid Win/Mac Detailed Guide
2. Go to web.airdroid.com, click Files/Photos/Video, and download the files you need. Detailed Guide

Let me know if you need any help :)
Coffee
Admin
Wendi

Sorry, auto sync is not supported now. You need to sync them to your laptop manually.

Two methods:
1. Transfer files from phone to laptop. Tap File Transfer icon in AirDroid app, and send files to AirDroid Win/Mac Detailed Guide
2. Go to web.airdroid.com, click Files/Photos/Video, and download the files you need. Detailed Guide

Let me know if you need any help Image

Hi there. I just transferred a bunch of pics from my android to my iMac. So, now how do I get those pictures which i can see on my airdrop app on the computer into iPhoto? Im guessing this is a pretty dumb question, but I'm stumped. :/
Thanks
Wendi
Wendi
bochan

Wendi wrote:

Two methods:

Let me know if you need any help Image
Hi there. I just transferred a bunch of pics from my android to my iMac. So, now how do I get those pictures which i can see on my airdrop app on the computer into iPhoto? Im guessing this is a pretty dumb question, but I'm stumped. :/
Thanks
Wendi

I have the exact same question. You can double click on a photo on your airDroid app on Mac laptop and under the share icon, click on 'send to iPhoto'. Unfortunately, my Mom says that will take forever to transfer all the photos.
I would appreciate a SME or the AirDroid admin to give us an answer.
bochan
bochan

How do you transfer more than one file to iphoto?

I have the exact same question. You can double click on a photo on your airDroid app on Mac laptop and under the share icon, click on 'send to iPhoto'. Unfortunately, my Mom says that will take forever to transfer all the photos.
I would appreciate a SME or the AirDroid admin to give us an answer.
bochan
Lucky

Update to: Auto-Sync photos and videos to computer?

Hi folks,

Since last post is 2yrs old already... I believe AirDroid has worked on -and supposedly solved- the problem of automatically syncronize photos and videos since, although I don´t manage to find the feature still.
As there are several picture/video folders on mobile device and AirDroid only backups 1 single folder...how can one be sure everything is being backuped?
Any update on this topic?!

PS:
What about CONTACTS-automatic backup?

THX
Lucky
Niki Admin

Hi folks,

Since last post is 2yrs old already... I believe AirDroid has worked on -and supposedly solved- the problem of automatically syncronize photos and videos since, although I don´t manage to find the feature still.
As there are several picture/video folders on mobile device and AirDroid only backups 1 single folder...how can one be sure everything is being backuped?

PS:

THX

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you want to know how to use Backup from phone?

Please follow these steps:

Step 1: tap Tools > Backup button:

Step 2: tap Backup and select the computer where you want to keep photos:

Step 3: after you choose a computer in step 3, tap “Yes” and it will begin:

Note: Backup feature only backs up photos stored in Camera folder on your phone, e.g. “/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera” or “/storage/sdcard1/DCIM/Camera” if you have more than one cards.
Niki
Admin
Lucky

Hello Niki -

thx for answering quickly ;)
What you have mentioned is clear, as I have already had backuped that DCIM folder of my Android.
As mentioned:
´As there are several picture/video folders on mobile device and AirDroid only backups 1 single folder...how can one be sure everything is being backuped`?

MACies are used to ´TimeMachine´, right? Everything automated.
It seems to me that AirDroid is aiming into the right direction but still there is several things to be done manually to make sure ALL data from the phone is backuped, but I may be wrong.
To be precise:
Backuping DCIM does that really include all data like 1) every photo & video-folder 2) contacts 3) music?!
SD-card has to be backuped separately as one can not choose both origins (phone+SD) at the same time, correct?
((Note: Backup feature only backs up photos stored in Camera folder on your phone, e.g. “/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera” O R “/storage/sdcard1/DCIM/Camera” if you have more than one cards.))

Besides:
though automatic backup is activated files do not sync to MAC right away. After I manually touch ´backup´ they do. Would I have to wait longer in order for automatic transfer?

regards,
Lucky
Niki wrote:
Hi folks,

PS:

THX
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you want to know how to use Backup from phone?

Please follow these steps:

Step 1: tap Tools > Backup button:

Step 2: tap Backup and select the computer where you want to keep photos:

Step 3: after you choose a computer in step 3, tap “Yes” and it will begin:

Note: Backup feature only backs up photos stored in Camera folder on your phone, e.g. “/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera” or “/storage/sdcard1/DCIM/Camera” if you have more than one cards.
Lucky
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 51