Is it really possible to connect in local network mode?

Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Mircea
OP

Is it really possible to connect in local network mode?

Hi,
I have never been able to connect in local network mode. I'm using airdroid for a few years and in all this time I have used it from 2-3 different computers, at least 6-7 different windows, 3 different routers and 2 different phones. Never been able to connect in local network mode. I always get connected in remote connection mode, and it says that I'm not on the same network, even though both my phone and my computer are connected to the same router.

Can someone confirm that it is possible to connect in local network mode (for free users)?

Almost a year ago I sent an email to support asking how to connect in local network mode. They asked back for some screenshots. I've sent them the screenshots and after that never heard anything from them. I replied to that email two times. First after a week and second after a month, but no answer...
Is the support available only for the paying users?
Mircea
Niki Admin

Re: Is it really possible to connect in local network mode?

Hi,
I have never been able to connect in local network mode. I'm using airdroid for a few years and in all this time I have used it from 2-3 different computers, at least 6-7 different windows, 3 different routers and 2 different phones. Never been able to connect in local network mode. I always get connected in remote connection mode, and it says that I'm not on the same network, even though both my phone and my computer are connected to the same router.

Can someone confirm that it is possible to connect in local network mode (for free users)?

Almost a year ago I sent an email to support asking how to connect in local network mode. They asked back for some screenshots. I've sent them the screenshots and after that never heard anything from them. I replied to that email two times. First after a week and second after a month, but no answer...
Is the support available only for the paying users?
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you like to following the steps to check if you are in Local Connection Mode:

(1) For Windows user, press “Win + R” to open Run command box, and run “cmd.exe”:

(2) Type ping + IP (e.g. ping 192.168.20.60) and press Enter to see your ping output:

You can find the IP address in AirDroid >Transfer >AirDroid Web

Read the summary of output:

All packets received and the trip time is short: Your device and PC are over same network, and network is stable.

Some packets lost or the trip time is long: Though your device and PC are over same network, the network is unstable. In this case, the connection mode is probably Remote Connection Mode. Try to connect again.

All packets lost: Your device and PC are not in the same network. Reboot the router or ask for help from network admin.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 46