AirDroid fails to start under Windows 10question

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:52 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
pandufa
OP

AirDroid fails to start under Windows 10

I have recently updated AirDroid on a laptop running Windows 10 Pro (ver. 1709) with the current version (AirDroid Desktop Client for Windows ver. 3.6.1.0) under an administrator account. Previous versions worked correctly. It installed correctly, there were no errors. When trying to run AirDroid, it won't start. No (visible) error messages, no window opens, no systray icon. Nothing. Antivirus is COMODO internet security which has had no changes in configuration since AirDroid worked for the last time (in a previous version), so there should be no issues here. Also, on a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 PC the same AirDroid version is running correctly with the same COMODO version installed.
All I can see is that in the EventLog I get 0xc0000005 error code entries every time I try to run AirDroid Desktop client.
A related fact could be that the laptop hasn't been used for a while, so it received its Win 10 Fall Creators Update only very recently. Unfortunately I can't recall if I updated AirDroid before or after the Windows update, nor if I tried to run it before or after the Windows update.
I suspect it may be related with Window's new security features, but that should be handled by the AirDroid installation process. In any case, I uninstalled and reinstalled AirDroid several times after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, to no avail.
Any suggestions of how to resolve this and get AirDroid running again? Thanks.
pandufa
Niki Admin

Re: AirDroid fails to start under Windows 10

I have recently updated AirDroid on a laptop running Windows 10 Pro (ver. 1709) with the current version (AirDroid Desktop Client for Windows ver. 3.6.1.0) under an administrator account. Previous versions worked correctly. It installed correctly, there were no errors. When trying to run AirDroid, it won't start. No (visible) error messages, no window opens, no systray icon. Nothing. Antivirus is COMODO internet security which has had no changes in configuration since AirDroid worked for the last time (in a previous version), so there should be no issues here. Also, on a Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 PC the same AirDroid version is running correctly with the same COMODO version installed.
All I can see is that in the EventLog I get 0xc0000005 error code entries every time I try to run AirDroid Desktop client.
A related fact could be that the laptop hasn't been used for a while, so it received its Win 10 Fall Creators Update only very recently. Unfortunately I can't recall if I updated AirDroid before or after the Windows update, nor if I tried to run it before or after the Windows update.
I suspect it may be related with Window's new security features, but that should be handled by the AirDroid installation process. In any case, I uninstalled and reinstalled AirDroid several times after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, to no avail.
Any suggestions of how to resolve this and get AirDroid running again? Thanks.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you please send us the detail of the Eventlog to us for a further check?

And would you please send us your log file of your phone so that we can give you a further check?
(Kindly note that there is no personal data collected and the required info is for further checking the issue.)
You can find the log files here:
Phone:
/sdcard/airdroid/exception.log
SD Card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/
SD card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log

If this issue showed up on Feb 10, then please forward files named by 20180210 to us.

Please send us main.log and exception. You can send the log to our official email: support@airdroid.com.

Always feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 36