Unresponsive, Crashes or Freezes (AirDroid Win 3.6.2)

Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:03 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Henry
OP

Unresponsive, Crashes or Freezes (AirDroid Win 3.6.2)

Since the latest version, I experienced constant problems with the program being unresponsive. I've noticed that it happens more often when I have the Steam Client running. Anyone else experiencing this?
Henry
Niki Admin

Re: Unresponsive, Crashes or Freezes (AirDroid Win 3.6.2)

Since the latest version, I experienced constant problems with the program being unresponsive. I've noticed that it happens more often when I have the Steam Client running. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.​

Would you please help us to clarify the issues by answering the following question?

1.Is the desktop Airdroid crashes/freezes immediately when you open it to login or after you put it in the background for a minutes and open it?

2.When did it happened and how often will it happened?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
HeveeD72

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.​

Would you please help us to clarify the issues by answering the following question?

1.Is the desktop Airdroid crashes/freezes immediately when you open it to login or after you put it in the background for a minutes and open it?

2.When did it happened and how often will it happened?

Best regards,
I have this issue also. My experience so far is that it happens most when the program is not open up on the desktop, but rather only residing in the system tray. When I want to use it, I would click on the tray icon the desktop window would open, but then be completely unresponsive to any clicks. Then also when I would right click the system tray icon to get the menu options to click exit. The menu is displayed on the screen, however, it too is completely unresponsive. Even when I click anywhere else on the desktop background, the menu will still be displayed in the screen and unclick-able. The only way I can get access is to open the windows Task Manager and end task on the AirDroid line item. Then restart AirDroid, do the thing that I was wanting to do in the first place. If I let the app stay open but minimized to the system tray. It tends to do the same unresponsiveness as before. So lately all I do is stop the program (when I remember to) and start it up again when I want to use it. This is very inconvenient. I do not get the advantages of the on screen mirrored notifications now because of this issue. If it continues without a fix anytime soon, I will be ending my subscription and not recommending AirDriod to anyone else like I have in the past. Don't want to pay for something that does not work. This was happening when I was using it for free, and I thought if I would subscribe that I would get updates that would fix the issues. So far I have not gotten a resolution.
HeveeD72
Niki Admin

I have this issue also. My experience so far is that it happens most when the program is not open up on the desktop, but rather only residing in the system tray. When I want to use it, I would click on the tray icon the desktop window would open, but then be completely unresponsive to any clicks. Then also when I would right click the system tray icon to get the menu options to click exit. The menu is displayed on the screen, however, it too is completely unresponsive. Even when I click anywhere else on the desktop background, the menu will still be displayed in the screen and unclick-able. The only way I can get access is to open the windows Task Manager and end task on the AirDroid line item. Then restart AirDroid, do the thing that I was wanting to do in the first place. If I let the app stay open but minimized to the system tray. It tends to do the same unresponsiveness as before. So lately all I do is stop the program (when I remember to) and start it up again when I want to use it. This is very inconvenient. I do not get the advantages of the on screen mirrored notifications now because of this issue. If it continues without a fix anytime soon, I will be ending my subscription and not recommending AirDriod to anyone else like I have in the past. Don't want to pay for something that does not work. This was happening when I was using it for free, and I thought if I would subscribe that I would get updates that would fix the issues. So far I have not gotten a resolution.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.

We have released the latest version of desktop AirDroid yesterday,so would you like to Upgrade to see if it'll happen again?

You can go to our official website to download it.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Azuvector

This has been an ongoing problem since I started using Airdroid. The desktop app will often be completely unresponsive, usually after the computer has been running a while/overnight. It may have gone to sleep during that, maybe not. Point is, often the only way to actually use it is to End Task on it, and restart it.

I usually leave it in the system tray, and primarily use it for SMS and some app notifications from my phone. Not much else.
It'll respond to being clicked on, and will pop up, but the Aidroid window generally won't update, usually is locked to a wait cursor, and further right clicks to the system tray icon result in the menu, but no response to clicks(busy cursor again) on the menu options.
Presently using Windows 10 Pro and Airdroid 3.6.3.
Azuvector
Android

I have this exact same problem with AirDroid on Windows. This happens on multiple computers running Windows 10. If AirDroid goes to the background for any amount of time, it will not come back when you click on the system tray icon. It will display a frozen window until you kill it in Task Manager. I am running the latest version (3.6.3), but the problem has been ongoing with the 3.5.x versions as well.
Android
Nerone8382

My AirDroid freeze when i open app on screen overlay such as Gps Joystick
Nerone8382
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 22