How to remove identical Duplicate device?

Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:36 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Zarathrustra
OP

How to remove identical Duplicate device?

For some time now, I get a prompt "Update AirDroid 3, showing 2 identical devices (my GG-I9505). Clicking on 'Update now' only brings up the (same) next screen (Method 1, 2, 3), all unclickable, with two options on the bottom: "Remind me next time" and "Done". Clicking Done just returns me to the same initial screen (showing the two identical GT-I9505 avatars.

If I get fed up with this (as I do virtually instantly now) and click on the 'x' close in the top RHS, the nudge screen disappears for now. But will re-appear whenever I reboot. Perhaps needless to say, I have indeed updated AirDroid for my (W8.1 and now W10) PC & phone anyway.

So how do I get rid of this please?
Zarathrustra
Coffee Admin

Re: How to remove identical Duplicate device?

For some time now, I get a prompt "Update AirDroid 3, showing 2 identical devices (my GG-I9505). Clicking on 'Update now' only brings up the (same) next screen (Method 1, 2, 3), all unclickable, with two options on the bottom: "Remind me next time" and "Done". Clicking Done just returns me to the same initial screen (showing the two identical GT-I9505 avatars.

If I get fed up with this (as I do virtually instantly now) and click on the 'x' close in the top RHS, the nudge screen disappears for now. But will re-appear whenever I reboot. Perhaps needless to say, I have indeed updated AirDroid for my (W8.1 and now W10) PC & phone anyway.

Hi,

Do you have 2 GG-I9505? Seems AirDroid app installed on one GG-I9505 is not the latest version. Can you update AirDroid on that device to see if the issue still remains?

Or you only have one GG-I9505?
Coffee
Admin
Zarathrustra

Coffee wrote:

Hi,

Do you have 2 GG-I9505? Seems AirDroid app installed on one GG-I9505 is not the latest version. Can you update AirDroid on that device to see if the issue still remains?

Or you only have one GG-I9505?

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope I'm using this AirDroid forum correctly - it doesn't seem to have the usual 'Reply' box. I have 'updated' several times - it makes no difference (tho' I presume the update has happened on one of the phones. No, I don't have two GT-I9505. However, I did replace my original one over 6 months ago (it'd broken). So that may be the source of the error.

But then, how do I get the wrong GT-I9505?
Zarathrustra
Zarathrustra

Hi Coffee,

I now find that, after I'd posted to you, this reply box did come up. So here I go again (in case the initial try failed):
Thanks for getting back to me. I hope I'm using this AirDroid forum correctly - it doesn't seem to have the usual 'Reply' box. I have 'updated' several times - it makes no difference (tho' I presume the update has happened on one of the phones. No, I don't have two GT-I9505. However, I did replace my original one over 6 months ago (it'd broken). So that may be the source of the error.

But then, how do I get rid of the wrong GT-I9505?
Zarathrustra
Coffee Admin

Hi Coffee,

I now find that, after I'd posted to you, this reply box did come up. So here I go again (in case the initial try failed):

But then, how do I get rid of the wrong GT-I9505?

Hi,

You can sign in here to see if you have 2 GT-I9505 listed: https://www.airdroid.com/en/account/#device

If yes, delete both of them and connect the right one again.
Coffee
Admin
Zarathrustra

Thanks Coffee. That worked. As often the case, what is simple to those who know is difficult for the ignorant (me). Much appreciated.
Zarathrustra
Coffee Admin

Thanks Coffee. That worked. As often the case, what is simple to those who know is difficult for the ignorant (me). Much appreciated.

You're welcome! Enjoy AirDroid and let me know if you need any help ;)
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 19