Missing SMS

Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:02 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
nmcsilva
OP

Missing SMS

I bought a new smartphone: Huawei P8 Lite (Android 5.0.1). When sending an SMS (via app for desktop or over the web app), the SMS is sent, but is not registered / recorded in the smartphone sms app. When I open the SMS app on smartphone, the SMS does not appear. Appears in AirDroid app (desktop or Web), but after you close and reopen also does not appear the SMS sent earlier. I have the latest version of AirDroid in smartphone and PC and have tested it on different computers. I have another smartphone (GT-5310 - Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo) and with that device this error does not happen, it works normally. After sent the SMS, it is recorded in Samsung smartphone SMS app. Longer someone complained of something similar? You can see what's going on? I will be at your disposal for any clarification or information you need. I'll be waiting for news. Thanks, Regards.
Attachments
Screenshot.png
3 people like this post.
nmcsilva
nmcsilva

Re: Missing SMS

I bought a new smartphone: Huawei P8 Lite (Android 5.0.1). When sending an SMS (via app for desktop or over the web app), the SMS is sent, but is not registered / recorded in the smartphone sms app. When I open the SMS app on smartphone, the SMS does not appear. Appears in AirDroid app (desktop or Web), but after you close and reopen also does not appear the SMS sent earlier. I have the latest version of AirDroid in smartphone and PC and have tested it on different computers. I have another smartphone (GT-5310 - Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo) and with that device this error does not happen, it works normally. After sent the SMS, it is recorded in Samsung smartphone SMS app. Longer someone complained of something similar? You can see what's going on? I will be at your disposal for any clarification or information you need. I'll be waiting for news. Thanks, Regards.AttachmentsImage

Airdroid Support as already answered me:

"Hi,

If your phone is running Android 5.x, messages sent from AirDroid might disappear from the phone. We'll try to find a way to solve this problem. Sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Best regardsAirDroid Team"

While i wait, my solution is this: write the text and send to the clipboard of the smartphone. After this, just have to paste in the message text field. But wish airdroid support correct the bug as soon as possible !!!

Best regards
gerorgeclooney1 likes this post.
nmcsilva
korence

Nice post.
korence
Coffee Admin

"Hi,

If your phone is running Android 5.x, messages sent from AirDroid might disappear from the phone. We'll try to find a way to solve this problem. Sorry for the trouble this has caused.

While i wait, my solution is this: write the text and send to the clipboard of the smartphone. After this, just have to paste in the message text field. But wish airdroid support correct the bug as soon as possible !!!

Best regards

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try our best to fix this in future updates :)
Coffee
Admin
testqapk

Still Unfixed with Android Version 6
ALE-L21
testqapk
Nathan

Still Unfixed with Android Version 6
ALE-L21

Same issue here. My decision to continue to pay premium (the whole concept and execution is lovely... if SMS worked correctly) is based on this function. I find a significant use in mirrored SMS on my other devices and would say it is one of the most attractive features. Without it, the occasional file transfer and declining and unwanted call become less significant. In other words, since SMS is one of the most common and basic things we do with our devices, without that working correctly then this application is not worth the cost. I can connect a USB cable to transfer files. I can use screen casting if I so desired. The thing this application/service has going for it is the ease of integration and lack of significant set up process. Leaving SMS out of the equation? Might as well market this as a way to review your call log on your PC and decline calls while doing so.
Nathan
Natashawilliams

"Hi,

Best regards
I am experiencing similar issues Hope you will correct the bug soon
Natashawilliams
Charlene Admin

Hi all, sorry for our late reply. Huawei has set restriction for it,so message not sent from default SMS app will also not be seen on mobile phone either. We sent an e-mail to Huawei for negotiation but got no reply. We've done everything we can to solve this problem but nothing works. :( But we will keep going. Any development,we will let you know.Your kindly understanding will be much appreciated.
Charlene
Admin
Stavros

Same here with my brand new P9. I am more than unhappy. Maybe I will swith the phone, again..
Stavros
nmcsilva

Hi:

After read Charlene answer i wrote an e-mail to Huawei support. That e-mail contains both, the users complaints and admin Charlene answer. I hope huawei answer. In the future, my decision to purchase a Huawei smartphone, or other brand, can be influenced by this kind of experience (bad experience). So, if i had news from Huawei, i will update this post.

Best regards
nmcsilva
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234875

Latest Member: Somayeh

Online: 49