AirMirror fails during non-rooted USB negotiation for AirDroid 3.2.2 Winquestion

Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:12 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
mamvlad
OP

AirMirror fails during non-rooted USB negotiation for AirDroid 3.2.2 Win

For some reason, when I try to use AirMirror after the recent update to 3.2.2 that enabled its support on Windows, it fails in the middle of USB negotiation (even though it starts successfully, showing the USB exchange screen) and refuses to connect to my Android 5.0 non-rooted device. When I do the same on my Mac, it does work out successfully and remote connection even works on Windows until I reboot the device. Is there something else I have to enable/consider for it to establish negotiation successfully on Win? I'm planning to travel so my Mac will not be with me to fix the connection in the likely case that I reboot the phone..

Thanks a lot!
mamvlad
mamvlad

Re: AirMirror fails during non-rooted USB negotiation for AirDroid 3.2.2 Win

Ok, I discovered that this problem likely has to do with the version of the USB driver for the phone that Windows is using. When I set up AirDroid on Windows installed via Bootcamp on the same Mac to do a side-by-side comparison, AirDroid set up its own driver (Google Xiaomi) and (after resolving a naming problem, see below) it completed the negotiation successfully. However, the same steps done on the other Windows laptop (the one I aim for primary use with AirDroid), fail the negotiation. The difference as I see it, is that the driver provided for the USB link to the phone is by Microsoft (ADB driver) and no Google driver is getting installed in the process. I even tried to uninstall the Microsoft driver and install the one from Android SDK, but it doesn't seem to be picked up by the system and I don't know how to force it to use that driver instead. Any help with getting it to work would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, during the negotiation on the Bootcamp Windows, a different error popped up, which indicated that the driver installer was trying to use my first name as part of the path (e.g. "C:\Users\First"), but my profile folder was named "C:\Users\First Last" instead. As a result, it failed to find something in that folder and that precluded installation. I then created a directory junction "C:\Users\First" pointing to "C:\Users\First Last", however a similar error occurred during the installation after that, this time trying to use the latter part of my profile folder ("Last\AppData\Local\..."). To avoid all of that, I had to create a different user with no spaces in the profile folder name and voila, it installed successfully and AirDroid started to work on that Windows system!

So it seems like the only remaining problem for me is somehow getting the Google driver to work on the previous PC. It would be great if AirDroid suggested to install the Google driver irrespective of whether the system already had some other driver for the USB connection. I suspect that currently it's trying to use adb command and succeeds, then it doesn't try to install the Google driver. However, somehow even though the Microsoft driver can be used successfully with adb, it fails the negotiation after that.
mamvlad
Coffee Admin

Re: AirMirror fails during non-rooted USB negotiation for AirDroid 3.2.2 Win

Ok, I discovered that this problem likely has to do with the version of the USB driver for the phone that Windows is using. When I set up AirDroid on Windows installed via Bootcamp on the same Mac to do a side-by-side comparison, AirDroid set up its own driver (Google Xiaomi) and (after resolving a naming problem, see below) it completed the negotiation successfully. However, the same steps done on the other Windows laptop (the one I aim for primary use with AirDroid), fail the negotiation. The difference as I see it, is that the driver provided for the USB link to the phone is by Microsoft (ADB driver) and no Google driver is getting installed in the process. I even tried to uninstall the Microsoft driver and install the one from Android SDK, but it doesn't seem to be picked up by the system and I don't know how to force it to use that driver instead. Any help with getting it to work would be greatly appreciated!

On a side note, during the negotiation on the Bootcamp Windows, a different error popped up, which indicated that the driver installer was trying to use my first name as part of the path (e.g. "C:\Users\First"), but my profile folder was named "C:\Users\First Last" instead. As a result, it failed to find something in that folder and that precluded installation. I then created a directory junction "C:\Users\First" pointing to "C:\Users\First Last", however a similar error occurred during the installation after that, this time trying to use the latter part of my profile folder ("Last\AppData\Local\..."). To avoid all of that, I had to create a different user with no spaces in the profile folder name and voila, it installed successfully and AirDroid started to work on that Windows system!

So it seems like the only remaining problem for me is somehow getting the Google driver to work on the previous PC. It would be great if AirDroid suggested to install the Google driver irrespective of whether the system already had some other driver for the USB connection. I suspect that currently it's trying to use adb command and succeeds, then it doesn't try to install the Google driver. However, somehow even though the Microsoft driver can be used successfully with adb, it fails the negotiation after that.

Thanks for the valuable feedback. I've sent to the developers and they'll take a look at it!
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235449

Latest Member: poonam saini

Online: 45