Airdroid Windows crashes immediately on start up

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:42 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Anjaro
OP

Airdroid Windows crashes immediately on start up

EDIT: moved to the appropriate category
Good evening,
Two weeks ago, Airdroid Windows suddenly stopped working for me.
To be precise, when I start the program nothing happens and after some seconds I get a Windows message saying "Airdroid has stopped working, Windows is searching for a solution", this message goes away and then nothing happens.
This crash happens every time, and nothing seems to help (well, I uninstalled and reinstalled it a couple of times but I wouldn't help).
Today I found the log file of Airdroid, and says something about an AutoUpgrade.exe not existing, which indeed isn't present in the folder 'Updater'. Btw this folder is absent too.
I really like this program and find it very useful and I hope there is a (simple) solution for this problem.
Kind regards,
Anjaro

P.S. It doesn't seem it is allowed to upload the log file, so I'll just paste what it says here:
------------Time:2017/04/21 22:41:38---------------
MobileStyle check .Net:2
MobileStyle check type:1,lanuchPath:D:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\AirDroid.exe
DotNetFxVersion:2,IsNeedSoftInstalled:0
------------Time:2017/04/21 22:41:40---------------
strUpdaterPath:D:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\Updater\AutoUpgrade.exe is not exist
------------Time:2017/04/21 22:52:12---------------
MobileStyle check .Net:2
MobileStyle check type:1,lanuchPath:D:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\AirDroid.exe
DotNetFxVersion:2,IsNeedSoftInstalled:0
------------Time:2017/04/21 22:52:14---------------
strUpdaterPath:D:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\Updater\AutoUpgrade.exe is not exist
Anjaro
Ryan Calvert

Re: Airdroid Windows crashes immediately on start up

This is currently happening to me. I have uninstalled and tried 3 different versions and none of them will work. When I double click the icon I instantly get a mesage that airdroid has stopped working.
Please help, this is one of the best phone to computer applications I've found and I don't want to find another one.

thanks,
Ryan Calvert
Steve

Look in your Windows Application Log and see if you have the following error:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\AirCmd.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\AirCmd.exe.Config" on line 2. The application config file root element must be configuration.

I have it on my Windows 7 laptop but it's not causing anything to crash. It started showing up after the last update.
Steve
AlyssaTallent

Ohhh god, how do you understand all of that?
AlyssaTallent
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 7