Stuck on Remote Connection but same wifi network!question

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:25 pm in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
k
OP

Stuck on Remote Connection but same wifi network!

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me out.

I've been having a problem when attempting to use it at work.

At home, it functions perfectly, but when I bring my laptop and cell phone to work to use AirDroid, I am presented with this message: "Remote Connection Mode" Connection might be slow as the device is not on the same local network"

The thing is... both my cell phone and the laptop are connected to the SAME WiFi network in the office. I actually tried an alternate WiFi network...but AirDroid still gives the same message. Its driving me nuts because it won't stay connected, and is quite slow. Any idea whats going on / what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, Thanks guys
k
Niki Admin

Re: Stuck on Remote Connection but same wifi network!

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help me out.

I've been having a problem when attempting to use it at work.

At home, it functions perfectly, but when I bring my laptop and cell phone to work to use AirDroid, I am presented with this message: "Remote Connection Mode" Connection might be slow as the device is not on the same local network"

The thing is... both my cell phone and the laptop are connected to the SAME WiFi network in the office. I actually tried an alternate WiFi network...but AirDroid still gives the same message. Its driving me nuts because it won't stay connected, and is quite slow. Any idea whats going on / what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated, Thanks guys

Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please to check this post to see if it works.
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15750

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
samy

Samyda
samy
k

I tried all of the steps provided at that link, and unfortunately nothing changed. When I attempted to ping I get the error:

"Destination host unreachable"

I followed the steps for the telnet fix as well, and when I attempted to ping telet in the CMD window, it returned the error:

"Count not open connection to the host, on port 8890"

This is really confusing, because I AM on the same wifi network, 100%, and both my phone and my laptop are functioning normally except for airdroid, and yet it works PERFECTLY when I go home to my own network :S
ktsui likes this post.
k
hbonning

I have the same problem connecting my office desk top to my Samsung S8. We have fast fibre optic internet connection (up to 100MB) so no good reason for this. Only starter to happen recently so what has changed at Air Droid?
hbonning
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235025

Latest Member: محمد رحمتی

Online: 28