AirDroid Win cannot see iPad and vice-versaquestion

Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:02 am in AirDroid Win

page 1 / 1
Chris
OP

AirDroid Win cannot see iPad and vice-versa

I've installed AirDroid Win on my laptop (Windows 10), on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) and on my iPad Mini Retina. I've signed in with the same account on all three devices.

AirDroid Win has the iPad in the "my devices" list, but shows it as offline, even though they're connected to the same LAN (the "nearby" feature on AirDroid Win doesn't show *either* of my devices, but that's a separate issue).

AirDroid iOS on the iPad only lists my phone in the "my devices" list - the PC is not displayed in the list, even after logging out/logging in again.

Transfers between phone and iPad seem to be working ok

Transfers between phone and PC seem to work ok.

Using AirDroid Web, I can successfully connect to the iPad from the PC.

Why can't the PC and iPad see each other without using AirDroid Web?

Secondarily, why doesn't "nearby" on AirDroid Windows show either of my other devices?

-Chris
Chris
Niki Admin

Re: AirDroid Win cannot see iPad and vice-versa

I've installed AirDroid Win on my laptop (Windows 10), on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) and on my iPad Mini Retina. I've signed in with the same account on all three devices.

AirDroid Win has the iPad in the "my devices" list, but shows it as offline, even though they're connected to the same LAN (the "nearby" feature on AirDroid Win doesn't show *either* of my devices, but that's a separate issue).

AirDroid iOS on the iPad only lists my phone in the "my devices" list - the PC is not displayed in the list, even after logging out/logging in again.

Secondarily, why doesn't "nearby" on AirDroid Windows show either of my other devices?

-Chris
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you please send us the screenshots of the error page for a further check?

-Chris
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you like to uninstall the ios AirDroid on your ipad and download it again to see if the desktop appear in the device list?

Sometimes even your phone and pc connect to the same LAN they may not in the local connection.

You can following the steps to check if you are in Local Connection Mode:

(1) For Windows user, press “Win + R” to open Run command box, and run “cmd.exe”:

(2) Type ping + IP (e.g. ping 192.168.20.60) and press Enter to see your ping output:

Read the summary of output:

You can find the IP address in AirDroid >Transfer >AirDroid Web

All packets received and the trip time is short: Your device and PC are over same network, and network is stable.

Some packets lost or the trip time is long: Though your device and PC are over same network, the network is unstable. In this case, the connection mode is probably Remote Connection Mode. Try to connect again.

All packets lost: Your device and PC are not in the same network. Reboot the router or ask for help from network admin.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Chris

Would you please send us the screenshots of the error page for a further check?

Hi, there isn't an error page; the icons for the devices on my account page show my phone as being online, but the iPad as not online. See the attached screen shot (from AirDroid Windows on the PC laptop). It also shows the phone connected via local LAN connection.
Would you like to uninstall the ios AirDroid on your ipad and download it again to see if the desktop appear in the device list?

Unfortunately this did not change anything. The attached screen shot is from after the uninstall/reinstall on the iPad. The iPad still does not show the PC at all in the list of devices; only the phone.

-Chris
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Chris
Niki Admin

Hi, there isn't an error page; the icons for the devices on my account page show my phone as being online, but the iPad as not online. See the attached screen shot (from AirDroid Windows on the PC laptop). It also shows the phone connected via local LAN connection.

Unfortunately this did not change anything. The attached screen shot is from after the uninstall/reinstall on the iPad. The iPad still does not show the PC at all in the list of devices; only the phone.

-ChrisAttachmentsImage
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Cause you are using Desktop Airdroid, so the PC will not exist in the My devices list.

And the iOS device will not mark it online or offline, and when you is connected to the same wifi the device will mark local.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Chris

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Cause you are using Desktop Airdroid, so the PC will not exist in the My devices list.

And the iOS device will not mark it online or offline, and when you is connected to the same wifi the device will mark local.

So, essentially, iOS devices are incompatible with Windows Desktop AirDroid and vice-versa?
Chris
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234875

Latest Member: Somayeh

Online: 50