Slow Transfers when Screen Lock/Not in Airdroid Screen

Wed May 09, 2012 4:07 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Endruu
OP

Slow Transfers when Screen Lock/Not in Airdroid Screen

Not sure if it's just me or is this the way AirDroid is written, but does anyone experience a sudden drop in transfer speeds when they do the following:Lock the screen of their phoneHit the home button and let AirDroid continue in the backgroundScreen auto locks (if you did not set AirDroid to keep screen awake)I experience a significant drop in transfer speeds...from sending a 400mb file in under 2 minutes with AirDroid turned on and screen kept awake, to speeds as slow as 30-40 minutes to transfer the same 400mb file when my phone is in one of the three above statuses.

Is there a way to maintain the same fast transfer speeds on AirDroid while perform either of the top three statuses? Especially the screen lock, cause my Galaxy Nexus's screen drains battery really fast and it'd be nice to have it turned off while AidDroid is still in use.
Endruu
AdsBot [Google]

Title

For most devices their performance of WiFi and some other functions will be lower when screen goes to sleep than awake. This is the way Android is written.
AdsBot [Google]
ajoudanian

Title

Oh, thanks for the heads up!
ajoudanian
chokababy

Title

Im using an acer a510 and the speeds are so slow with the screen on or off......much slower compared to my nexus
chokababy
zahid

Title

I installed Airdroid on an EVO 3D running ice cream sandwich. I have wifi set to highest performance and set to remain on when sleep. However, whenever my screen turns off Airdroid loses its connection. What is the problem?
zahid
tanyarae

Title

I find that just pluggin in the usb cable to your phone to trickle charge that keeps the phone more awake I find even if the screen is off...
tanyarae
desarrollogx

Title

Any workaround for this? My transfers don't even start unless my screen is on and I hate apps that require screen on for things like this.
desarrollogx
desarrollogx

Title

Any workaround for this? My transfers don't even start unless my screen is on and I hate apps that require screen on for things like this.
desarrollogx
edoardo

Title

This app dosent technically need the screen on for this, but its faster when it is that's all.
WORKAROUND(For People With CM Rom + And Some Other Roms):
1. Put Phone In Charging
2. Go into Development Options
3. Enable "Stay Awake"
edoardo
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz