AirDroid file browsing fails with large number of files in directory - both Desktop and Android App

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:27 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
toyzrme
OP

AirDroid file browsing fails with large number of files in directory - both Desktop and Android App

I just installed this - great concept! Installed & connected on my Galaxy Note (SGH-i717) first try - and I like the login/security arrangement - nice!

BUT, I can't get into a directory using files, from either the desktop/remote web page, OR in the app on the device itself. Using the AirDroid Files browser, looking at folders under /sdcard, it shows the subfolder (/sdcard/)PlayerPro has 11,271 files (this is where PlayerPro stores cached artwork for genres, artists, albums, etc.).

The behavior is that on the desktop, the 'loading dots' just keep going and going, and I never can get in.
On the phone, I get the prompt 'AirDroid has stopped responding...'.

As a test, I deleted all the cached artwork, and I was able to get in (desktop & app), so it seems this is purely a function of having a large number of files in one directory. But, the app automatically downloads artwork over WiFi, so given the 80GB of flash storage I have to store music, that folder is going to fill up again quickly, and fail again....so please fix this!

Thanks,
Bruce
toyzrme
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235471

Latest Member: Laksh

Online: 108