Screen Off functionality, taken a hit in new version?

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
furys12
OP

Screen Off functionality, taken a hit in new version?

Ive been using airdroid pretty much since it came out and jumped to the new version as soon as possible, and it seems to me in the new version the app has lost ground in its ability to work whilst the screen is off, i know its in beta and i also know that android itself probably does alot of sleeping etc when the screen goes off but in the older version i would only occasionally lose connection when the screen went or more often then not it would just not update, but the connection remained in the newer version its basically game over as soon as the screens off.

i use airdroid throughout my work day by connecting to my phone and placing it below my monitor, the leds then tell me what "thing" just occurred on my phone and i switch to airdroid tab to deal with that "thing", i pretty much dont touch my phone all day, well used to, so you can see hoe screen off functionality helps me largely.

As i said i understand the difficulties of keeping everything ship shape when the screen goes off and i also understand it will be a battery hit but im fine with that but i felt it was a bit of a issue that its gone backwards and figured id post up about it
furys12
Amin

Title

to update this (dead discussion) it now gotten worse, im not sure if this is the app but 9 times out of ten now when the phone goes to sleep the app closes, not all the time which is weird and not a crash (no error toast) just closes :(
Amin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235057

Latest Member: Farzou 23

Online: 13