So glad I paid for premium....

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:43 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
zubor
OP

So glad I paid for premium....

Since my browser loses the connection every 10 minutes with NO disconnection error... I just go to check my SMS and it sits and loads foreverAND when I reconnect, the SMS icon does not show any missed SMS, so I have to scroll through all my contacts to see what I missed
AND the battery indicator doesn't update
AND my call log is filled with a log for every SMS I have sent/received and can't be cleared
AND intruder doesn't work
AND no company representatives respond in these forums
AND they don't respond to feedback through the app even though I am supposed to get "Top priority support"[/b]

I'm just so thrilled. Money well spent. Yayyyyyy......
zubor
tommiet

Title

Sorry. Was frustrated.

It really is a great app. Great idea, beautiful UI, etc. But the basic connection between phone<-->server<-->PC needs to be made rock solid before more "features" are added.
tommiet
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your feedback and we are sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

1.In most cases, the disconnection is caused by unstable network, would you please try ping the IP address on AirDroid app on your device?

If you are using Windows, you may click the Start button and enter "cmd" into the Search field. If the IP address displayed on AirDroid app is 192.168.xx.xxx, then you can type ping 192.168.xx.xxx -t and press enter to see your ping output. And you may refer to the guide here for other OS: http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address

The ping output can somewhat let you understand the status of your network, though not that accurate. If the ping output isn't ideal, then we advice you to ask for help form network admin.

2. The unread SMS shows when the connection have rebuilt at our side. Would you please tell us more details about this?

3. Would you please tell us more details about "call logs is filled with a log of every SMS i have sent/received and can't be cleared"?

4.You should set "Lost Mode" first, and you will have a 4 digit password for your phone. If someone enters wrong password in it, a photo will be take and you can check the photo in "Find Phone" > "Intruder"

Sorry again for the late reply.
LVHAlfons
jdiamond7

Title

This app has been VERY buggy since v2 beta... v1 was far more reliable/stable even though it had less features. Things are SLOWLY getting better with v2.

For instance...
I have over 400 contacts and it has major problems with bringing up a full list and doing searches while in SMS app - but works fine when in the Contacts app

The largest, in excusable, feature Airdroid is missing is "Auto-Launch when SSID is connected" - since Airdroid does not work 100% properly with automation apps (LLAma, Tasker, etc) this is a must have feature Airdroid does not have an developers seem to completely ignore 100s of user requests for.
jdiamond7
tommiet

Title

1.In most cases, the disconnection is caused by unstable network, would you please try ping the IP address on AirDroid app on your device?

No IP. This is in remote connection mode. In LAN mode, the connection is stable. However, I am using airdroid 99% for the remote connection feature. I am rarely on wifi.

Just to give a little more detail.... Open airdroid, start the service. Connect via web.airdroid.com - remote connection mode. Everything is all good. Walk away from computer for ~30-60 mins. Come back to computer and try and do something on phone (ex. open messages window, refresh stats, etc) and it just sits loading forever. Refresh www and connection is reestablished (although any unread SMS i got during the disconnection are not show on icon... so I have to open window and go through threads to see what I missed. See #2 below).

2. The unread SMS shows when the connection have rebuilt at our side. Would you please tell us more details about this?

It does in LAN mode. Not in remote connection mode. Not much to tell...
1. Disconnect from AirDroid,
2. Get some new SMS which I don't check on the phone.
3. Connect to airdroid via web.airdroid.com remote connection
4. Messages icon does not display new message (no red badge)

3. Would you please tell us more details about "call logs is filled with a log of every SMS i have sent/received and can't be cleared"?

I open the call log. Any SMS messages sent via my phone (but not those sent via airdroid), and all received SMS appear as calls of 00:00 duration. If I try and delete these entries, it says "Failed to delete this call log" via a message box.

4.You should set "Lost Mode" first, and you will have a 4 digit password for your phone. If someone enters wrong password in it, a photo will be take and you can check the photo in "Find Phone" > "Intruder"

Yes, this works. Thanks for clarifying.

FYI. Phone: Samsung galaxy s3. Stock rooted 4.1.2. All sleep/power saving modes OFF.
PC: Windows 7 x64 pro. Chrome v28.
tommiet
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for the detailed information!
1. We will try to make the connection more stable.

2. We've tested this but the result is that the unread SMS do show when the connection have rebuilt at our side. AirDroid do not support MMS now. Should it be possible that your "missed SMS" are MMS?

3. This is a rare issue, our team will look into this and will try to fix this asap.

BTW, is your device a customized one?
LVHAlfons
tommiet

Title

Hi!
1. Thanks :)
2. Definetely SMS. Like I said, works perfectly in LAN mode, not in remote connection.
3. Thanks :)

My device is a samsung GS3, i747m, running android 4.1.2 stock rooted. No other customization.

Thanks for looking into these issues. I look forward to an update.
tommiet
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235487

Latest Member: Muhammed Karasö

Online: 8