Three really annoying things

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:38 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Scuttlebutting
OP

Three really annoying things

Maybe there's a problem with the way I have Airdroid configured, maybe there's a bug in the software. The problems are related to how Airdroid handles contacts.
First, it can't distinguish between types of phone numbers. When I look up a contact with multiple phone numbers, It simply lists all the numbers for that contact. There's no distinction between types, just a list of numbers. So I find that I frequently have to cross reference my contacts list on AirDroid with my phone or another online address book.

Secondly. Let's say I want to compose a text to a guy named "Ben." If I type his name in the To line, I get a list of people that Airdroid thinks may qualify as "Ben." However, when I type "Ben" the first person that appears on the list is a girl by the name of Amy. Neither her first or last name have the word "Ben" in them. But that's not the most frustrating part. What gets me is that when I hit the spacebar to type Ben's name, Airdoid thinks I just selected Amy as the person that I want to contact. It isn't just Ben that it does this with, it's others as well. It will not only show unrelated contacts but it will always select the first one when I hit the spacebar.

Third: Everytime I load up airdroid, I have to wait while it populates my contacts list. I have TONS of contacts, it takes forever. On the brightside, when it's loaded, it seems to stay loaded for my session.

How to fix?
Scuttlebutting
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi Scuttlebutting,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the late reply.

1. I've pass this to the product team and we'll take this into consideration.

2. Can you send us some screenshots of this issue? It's hard to reproduce this on our side.

3. The developers are working on the contact loading. The time will be shorten.
LVHAlfons
MArnold

Title

I have the same problem. If you go to CONTACTS and look at my contact named "example" you see that there are three numbers associated with that person. And I can text to the one I want from there. However when you are in MESSAGE and select "New Messsage", you go to the field of "To:" and chose "example", you don't see which of the 3 numbers will receive the text. By default I usually set the mobile as the primary number, but that is not always the case.Attached are the pictures.
MArnold
MArnold

Title

ImageImage
MArnold
LDKW

Title

I think the problem is getting worse, actually. I went to grab you an example of indistinguishable phone numbers by type and now I'm seeing that only one number per contact is loading. Image
Here is a screenshot of the actual contact:

So not only is contacts not showing me what kind of number I'm looking at when I look something up, It's also not pulling all the numbers or the right number.
LDKW
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
Thanks for the screenshots.

I've reported this to the team. We'll try to make improvements in future updates :)

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions on AirDroid.
LVHAlfons
LDKW

Title

I've posted other issues a few weeks back - is there a way for paying subscribers to get support to this service that's more proactive than this board?
LDKW
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235038

Latest Member: muzzameil

Online: 36