Long SMS Split

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:22 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi KissCoolMan,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this have caused.

This is a bug related to Android 4.4.x.

To fix this, you'll need to set AirDroid as the default SMS app. Since there's no SMS function in AirDroid app, you have to change the default SMS every time when you switch from sending SMS via web.aridroid.com to sending SMS directly via your device.

Considering the inconvenience this may have caused, this will not be fixed soon.

The long SMS will split into several parts on your side, but the recipient will receive it as a whole long SMS.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions :)
LVHAlfons
lancer6238

Title

I also have this problem as I mentioned in another thread and emailed yesetday that there is no option to set Airdroid as the default SMS app in settings.
Do you have any other thoughts?

Jo
lancer6238
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi jo,

Sorry that there's not SMS function in AirDroid app. Therefore you can't set it as the default SMS app : (
LVHAlfons
queenshears6

Title

So, this is only a visualization on the AirDroid part (and hence on the mobile phone of the sender)... right? The receipient gets the message as a single message. Am I correct?
I tried it and this is what I get. I just want to be sure that this is for everyone.
queenshears6
cvika

Title

@Oren_Yul
I just tested this this morning, and I was told that the recipient received my message in 3 tiny text messages instead of just one big one. I believe my issue may be different from the one described in this thread, but it is possible that the texts are being sent split.

I have a Nexus 4 w/ Android 4.4.4 and predominately use AirDroid as a windowed Chrome app, but I've also had this issue while using Firefox as well.

I'll try setting AirDroid to my default texting app, and see if that doesn't help with things a bit.
cvika
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
I've just tested on my side, using a Moto G / Android 4.4.4 and a Samsung Note Ⅱ / Android 4.4.4, sending long text message to a Sony LT 26ii / Android 4.1.2. The Sony LT 26ii did receive the long message as a whole one.

Would you please tell me the Android version of the recipient's device? Any 3rd party message app installed on that device?
LVHAlfons
valdezrene81

Title

Posted in another thread, the recipient does not always receive the split message as a single long message. When sending to my friend with an iPhone on iOS 8, he received the message split into multiples just as they were displayed on my end.
valdezrene81
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235560

Latest Member: manveer

Online: 64