Can only upload files, not folders

Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:19 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
jps286
OP

Can only upload files, not folders

I have an Androd 4.1 phone and windows XP. I was able to transfer folders from my phone to PC using Airdroid, but can't transfer the folders back. When I try to drag the folders into the area that says "Drag and drop files or folders here to upload" it shows a circle with a line through it. The same thing happens when I try to use the toolbox for the same function. I am able to upload individual files in this manner.

I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and neither works for uploading folders.
jps286
meatrat6

Title

Amend that. Now I can't upload folders or files. This is a major problem.
meatrat6
meatrat6

Title

Bump.

To AirDroid personnel: Has anyone even read this thread?
meatrat6
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi jps286,
Sorry for the late reply.

Can you tell us what connection mode you are using (sign in via IP address or web.airdroid.com)? Is there any error message? Your device model? Are you using the latest version of AirDroid, Firefox and IE?
LVHAlfons
meatrat6

Title

Hi Coffee,

I sign in through web.airdroid.com. There is no error message. My device is a ZTE Z740 (AT&T Radiant) phone running Android 4.1.

I'm using Firefox 30.0, and it tells me it is up to date. I'm using IE 8.0.6001, which unfortunately is the newest version for XP.

Thanks,
Jim
meatrat6
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi Jim,
Uploading folders only supported in Chrome, would you please try Chrome?

And AirDroid do not work well with IE 8, IE 9/10/11 is recommended.

I just check this with Firefox 30.0, uploading files works fine on my side. You can't upload files with Firefox 30.0? and there isn't error message? It would be appreciated if you could send us some screenshots or record a video so that we can better understand the issue and help you solve it.

LVHAlfons
foamlyle4

Title

It would help if comments did not simply refer to "upload" or "download" since it is not clear in which direction the transfer is implied. 'Upload' could mean from PC to android device or vice versa, & the same for 'download'.
In particular, whilst I've found how to transfer from PC to android device (tablet), I'm completely unable to figure out how to transfer the other way, from android (tablet) to PC.
I wonder if anyone knows how to do this....?
(Or does airdroid only work in the one direction ?)
foamlyle4
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi RCB,
Have replied you in the thread you posted: http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/13 ... blet-to-pc

Usually, "Upload" means from PC to Android, while "Download" means Android to PC (for AirDroid).

Hope this clarifies your questions :)
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235598

Latest Member: zikijutt66

Online: 151