Web app disconects without notice

Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:33 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
JoeB
OP

Web app disconects without notice

Galaxy S4, Airdroid 2.1.0 - Remote connection mode over 3G.
I leave airdroid connected to my phone via 3G, and use the web.airdroid.com to chat in text messages during the day. It's easier on a real keyboard ;)
Problem is, the web app loses contact with my phone and doesn't try to reconnect or even notify me.

I know this has happened when I don't see a reply to a message i send for a while... So i close the "messages" window, and reopen it. It shows a popup saying connection lost, and a reconnect button, which all works.

Can the app not just ping my phone every, say, 30 seconds to check its still connected, and auto-reconnect if its not?!

Power saving mode is turned OFF.
JoeB
headselect2

Title

Hi @JoeB,

Would you please check this link for more information about your problem: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/porta ... r-a-while-

Hope this works for you and feel free to contact us if you need further help.
headselect2
BrettMich

Title

Err, over 3G, not WLAN
BrettMich
LVHAlfons

Title

Does this happen every time? Same issue with previous versions? What if your phone is connected to Wi-Fi?
LVHAlfons
BrettMich

Title

I dont know about wifi as i dont have wifi here, but yes, this happens every time, and appears to be random.
BrettMich
LVHAlfons

Title

You mean this happens randomly? Is it possible that the mobile network disconnects?
Possible cause:
If you connected your device to 3G network, the network will be disconnected when you receive a call. Thus the connection between your device and PC/laptop will be interrupted.

As to auto-reconnect, sorry that AirDroid now doesn't support this. I've collected your suggestion. Our product team will take this into consideration :)
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235444

Latest Member: amir

Online: 24