SMS Messages split every 64 characters

Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:55 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
brianchris
OP

SMS Messages split every 64 characters

I am new to AirDroid, and I am loving it so far, however I do have at least one significant problem: I am aware of the 140 character limit/problems with text messages in general, including how that might affect AirDroid. However all text messages I send from the AirDroid web client get split into multiple text messages every 64 characters! Since the majority of my text messages are longer than 64 characters, it has forced me to not use AirDroid for sending text messages (as not to annoy my SMS recipients), and that has been a big disappointment for me so far......SMS from the desktop is one of the primary benefits of AirDroid.
Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anyway to fix this problem? The problem is so bad that, at this point, I'd be happy if I could just get SMS via AirDroid to split up messages at the 140 character limit (which normally would be disappointing in and of itself). Thank you in advance for your assistance!
brianchris
JohnnieFla

Title

I have the same problem using my Samsung S5. Help!
JohnnieFla
SalPDIcpr

Title

Thanks for your reply Kwame2000. For what its worth, my Android phone (on which I have this problem) is *also* a Samsung Galaxy S5. I wonder if this is a conflict between AirDroid & just Samsung phones? Or perhaps even just Galaxy S5 phones? If someone else reading this post has this problem, it might be helpful to post what your phone's make & model is here. Thanks again.
SalPDIcpr
LupitaBarg

Title

Same same on Moto E. Messages split after 60 characters. Help please
LupitaBarg
SalPDIcpr

Title

Yours is the first non-Samsung phone which has that problem, which is interesting. That being said, this past weekend I upgraded my Galaxy S5 to Lollipop (including a factory, which is always a good thing to do after such a major Android version upgrade, IMHO). I discovered today that text messages I send from AirDroid are no longer getting split up around 60 characters!
I am not sure if it was the upgrade to Lollipop upgrade, the hard reset, or an update to the AirDroid app (which became available around this weekend also) that happened to solve this problem for me, but regardless I am happy this is working properly now. Hopefully this information will help others with this particular problem, either now or in the future.
SalPDIcpr
SalPDIcpr

Title

It turns out, the upgrade to Lollipop did *not* solve my problem. All it has done is make it appear that my text messages are not getting split every 64 characters in the AirDroid user interface.....however my recipients still get any texts I send from AirDroid split every 64 characters. Please fix this AirDroid.....or at least tell us what developing priorities are higher than this on your list. Thank you.
SalPDIcpr
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235453

Latest Member: dd

Online: 47