The account on the device should never expire.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:55 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
HippoMan
OP

The account on the device should never expire.

Here's some more feedback which I hope could be passed on to the developers:

The account on the device should never (!!!) expire. In other words, once an account is set up on the device, the device should remember this account and keep it flagged as active forever (!!!), no matter what happens on the device, including exiting from the AirDroid app and including reboots. The only time the account on the device should be expired or deleted is if the AirDroid app is uninstalled, or perhaps during some sort of new, explicit "disconnect" request that the user would have to manually invoke.

If the account expires on the server, I understand that we would need to re-login on the server. However, even in the case of server re-logins, the app, itself, should always (!!!) know what account was previously set up on it, and the app should always (!!!) use that same account during server<=>app reconnection attempts. So if the server session expires and is restarted, the app should be totally ready and fully configured to automatically reconnect to the server, without the user ever having to re-enter the password or any other credentials on the app running on the device.

The reason I'm making this request is because the primary symptom of the disconnect problems that I and other users are seeing is the fact that the device disconnects with a message that pops up (on the device) which states that its account has expired and a re-login needs to be performed. I believe that this should never happen, once the user properly sets up an account on the device.

Thank you for passing this on to the developers.
HippoMan
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi HippoMan,
Sorry for the late reply.

Have you tried 2.0.9? Does the disconnection issue still remains?

You mean when the connection interrupts, account has been signed out on your device?
LVHAlfons
quail60drain

Title

Yes, I indeed mean that: when the connection interrupts, account on my device gets signed out, and I have to manually re-login on my device.

I will now try 2.0.9 and report my findings.
quail60drain
quail60drain

Title

I just tried out version 2.0.9, and I have the same problem. After a period of time (less than 60 minutes, maybe even less than 30 minutes), the connection between my phone and the web site drops.

At that point, if I go to Airdroid on the phone, I get a popup saying that my account has "Expired", and I am required to relog in again from the phone.

I also am required to relog in on the web site, even though I ALWAYS (!!!) log in on the website with the "Stay signed in for 2 weeks" checkbox selected.

After relogging in on the web site, that site totally forgets about my device. I get a popup saying "No device found with your account. Please add a device to continue."

These problems have consistently occurred for me, ever since I first started using Airdroid a couple months ago.

Please forward ALL of my following questions to your developers or to someone who actually understands how your app and your website function:

QUESTION 1: Why does my account continue to expire after a short period of time (less than 60 minutes)?

QUESTION 2: Why am I required to re-enter my user ID and password on the phone after the account expires after a short time (less than 60 minutes)?

QUESTION 3: Why does the web site totally forget about my account AND my device after a short time (less than 60 minutes)?

QUESTION 4: Why do I have to keep re-registering my device with the web site after a short time (less than 60 minutes)?

I have paid a lot of money for my Premium subscription, and I continue to have to deal with these issues.

Please have someone devote some time to diagnosing and fixing MY PARTICULAR PROBLEMS. If this is not done soon, I will ask for my money back.

Thank you very much.
quail60drain
bamboowasp62

Title

I have same issues any news. This problem make the App not useful as the basic idea behind this to be able to connect remotely .
Any Update?
bamboowasp62
ShalanWaec

Title

I too have the same problem so annoying, at device it shows
AirDroid
-----------------------------------
The account has
expired on this device.
Please try to
sign in again.

Since Oct 2014 there is no update from administrator. :(

What is the use of this app when the device is lost??
In current situation search the device manually first then take the device from the person who had taken. Relogin with your user id and password and then go back to your previous location and from there with your laptop do rest. but no gurantee if before you reach your location if the person logout and change the user id and password of own then you cant do anything...

This application has major flaws that makes useless.

1. allowing the person to logout and put other user id and password.
2. The problem mentioned in this form thread itself.
ShalanWaec
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.

Would you please update AirDroid to the latest version and try again? We've made some fixes on this problem and it should be working now.
LVHAlfons
Jay Sanchez

Re: The account on the device should never expire.

I have that trouble with a Nvidia Shield K1 on Marshmallow, it signs out within minutes of me signing in! I have another device connected and no troubles there, same account.and, of course, I am using the latest version.
Jay Sanchez
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235630

Latest Member: Nayon Sk

Online: 136