SMS on AirDroid is driving me crazy

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Aeri
OP

SMS on AirDroid is driving me crazy

I'm still using it, because I prefer even something very buggy to fiddling with a touch screen, but really, I think there are unacceptable issues with the Web interface for texting with my computer.

1. While sending a message, the message freezes. This is a horrible design decision. Thing is, very often, the message will never get sent, and the interface will need a refresh, and my phone's screen will need to be woken up and taken back to the AirDroid page to send the message. But if I refresh the interface, I'll lose my message. So I need to select it and copy it. But since the textarea is disabled and selection is invisible, it's at best hazardous. And sometimes, it'll bug really bad, and Ctrl-A will, instead of selecting the message, select the text in the whole Web page, and render it impossible to unselect by any means. That's a guarantee that I'll lose my message, no matter how many long minutes it took to type it.

I realize that connection issues between the phone and the computer can happen (and heck, they happen every freaking 10 minutes), but if you know that, you need to adapt the interface so that users are able to home-fix the bug (refresh) and as such make text selection, copying and pasting work properly. Actually, when there is an issue, ideally, the app should save the data itself, and refresh things itself. Or at least give an error message, or something, instead of just endlessly loading.

2. Most of the time, there is no highlighting for selected text in the typing textarea. This is especially silly. And you cannot select text from the conversation at all. The cursor doesn't even become a selecting vertical bar one.

3. URLs do not become clickable links.

I'm probably forgetting a lot of things that made me angry over the last few days, but I think this'll suffice for now. Sorry for the angry tone, but I have trouble being calm and nice in the circumstances.

Details:

-Windows 8 Professional, x64
-Mozilla Firefox 23.0.1
-Google Nexus 4
-Android 4.3
Aeri
RamonitaW

Title

vv
RamonitaW
RamonitaW

Title