Constant disconnects after short period of time

Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 am in AirDroid Web

page 4 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to
UnaDagost

Title

Not only am I having this constant-disconnect problem, often I cannot even reconnect. I scan the QR code, and my phone says "Success, connecting" but then nothing, and I am still at the sign-in screen on both phone and computer. If I try connecting by entering the https address in my browser, it hangs forever, then eventually returns a "not found" message. This happens in Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer; the problem seems to be something with the app on the phone (Motorola Razr M) -- if I completely reboot my phone, I will again be able to connect.
I just began using Airdroid and do not have premium service. I would get it if the app worked well, because I'm liking it when it does work. But after reading here that premium service works no better and there's still no timely support, there's no way I'm going to pay money just to continue this frustration.
UnaDagost
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your continued feedback. Sorry again for this. We are looking into this issue. Since we cannot reproduce the situation you experienced, we may need more time to figure out the cause and fix it. So sorry for the inconvenience this have caused. : (
LVHAlfons
markat2k

Title

No positive changes with 2.0.6 update. AirDroid notification continues to be dropped/removed, though the main AirDroid process/service is still running.
markat2k
markat2k

Title

Are you utilizing 'startForeground()' in your App code? If not, I recommend doing so, and that is to say that the existing notification is just that, a notification, and not using 'startForeground()'. Then write your code so that only one notification is present.

This is really annoying; not certain how much longer MANY of us are going to stick around until a solution is found.
markat2k
catherinessa

Title

Still no sign of resolution. This tells me that either there aren't enough affected users to care or they don't know how to fix it. Over 18 months of this is ridiculous. I keep seeing AirDroid being listed as a top app but unfortunately not for everyone.

Currently I have BitTorrent Sync, a to do app, Apndroid and an anti-virus running continuously on the same device without ever shutting down. I cannot understand how AirDroid can't manage it.

I'm now abandoning AirDroid. I may need multiple apps to do the same thing but it's better than this
catherinessa
fcferlin

Title

@Shawn_Gillespie
Totally true, i bought 3 x premium and still nothing fixed - im abandoing as well, also rating sadly 2 stars. There are aps that can manage the same and dont got the problem with shuting down or not working at all....
fcferlin
catherinessa

Title

@macdrg I'm sorry you lost money on premium.

I just installed SnapPea. Does almost everything that AirDroid does without a single issue. I've been running it solidly for 2 hours. I think I actually like using it more. And you have the choice between running it in your browser or installing a client. Login is easier as well. It runs absolutely flawlessly.

All I can that it's missing is screenshot, camera and find phone but from what I can see they're planning more features soon. But it has a couple of features AirDroid doesn't.

Sorry AirDroid but over a year and half is too long. A little lesson for you. Ignore the problem and someone will come along and fill that gap.
catherinessa
LVHAlfons

Title

@cableghostWe do use "startForeground()" in AirDroid. And thanks for your love and patience for AirDroid. We will try our best to fix this bug.

@Shawn_Gillespie @macdrg @cableghost @all
We have been working on this since we knew that some of you are experiencing this annoying bug. But there are many factors that will lead to this issue, the settings of the device (each device model may have different kind of power saving settings), the network environment and bugs in AirDroid. The greatest difficulty we meet while fixing this issue is that we cannot reproduce the bug you experienced. Really sorry that we cannot fix this issue as soon as we knew it.

We've just found a bug that will cause the disconnection several days ago. Fixing this bug can solve issues some of you experienced. But not sure if it can solve your problem since many factors will cause the disconnection.

@Shawn_Gillespie,
We are sad to see you go. Thanks for your love, support and patience for AirDroid in the past days. AirDroid will keep making improvements in every update. Hope AirDroid will become much better and stable for you in future updates and you can come back to us again!
LVHAlfons
ShariGold

Title

I was having the same problem with AirDroid. I found that if you leave the AirDroid app up on the phone screen, the disconnects virtually go away. I realize that AirDroid runs as a service and you shouldn't have to leave the app open, but it sure made my experience better. Now just waiting for some kind of emulation to be developed by AirDroid so I can run phone apps in my PC browser. Good luck.
ShariGold
catherinessa

Title

@Coffee_Administrator I hardly consider an 18 month unresolved issue a quick fix. Like I said, many other apps seem to be able to avoid this problem very easily and they do exactly the same thing.
@DamianZoro Yes, that works but it's very far from ideal. The problem with that is that I have to leave an app in the foreground. If I go to use other apps it disconnects.
catherinessa
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 4 / 5 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235456

Latest Member: bani

Online: 51