ext sd card shows wrong size

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:37 pm in AirDroid Web

page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
VelvaBarc

Title

Same issue as above. Here's the strange part. I pulled out the SD card, uninstalled the app. turned off the phone, re-installed the app WITH NO SD CARD INSTALLED. Still shows the old incorrect values.
VelvaBarc
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this have caused.

There are many models of Android devices, and due to the fragmentation of Android, non-standard design of SD card path, AirDroid might not display the capacity of the SD card correctly.

Our team are working on this and will try to fix this in future updates.

Here's a temporary solution: you may try to access your external SDcard on the web desktop by the path like "System" > "/mnt/extSdCard" in the "Files" module.
LVHAlfons
matos

Title

@Coffee_Administrator: Don't try to pin this on the "non standard of SD Card path", cause it does work with other WIfi Files transfer apps on Google Play such as "Wifi File Transfer Pro"! So it is possible to make it work whatever SD card we're using!
matos
LVHAlfons

Title

We are really sorry for this.Would you please send us your device model, Android version and the external SD card path of your device to support@airdroid.com? It would be appreciated if you guys could help us do some tests on the display of external SD card.
LVHAlfons
matos

Title

this error has been going on for years now and they haven't done anything about it so if I were you, I wouldn't be too optimistic and think they'll EVER do anything about it!
matos
KingTaoLee

Title

bump...same issue here..htc one m8 with 64gb SD card sandisk...but it still shows internal and external as the same...9.1/10,68
Also i cannot write to the SD card when uploading a file from the web app to my phone's SD folder(which is System/storage/ext_sd)...always get an error..also (now observing this) System/sdcard2 seems to be the same as the folder stated before as they have all the same files even storing pics from my camera in both folders...maybe this is causing a conflict somewhere and checking it on my phone it isn't using anymore space becuase of double files

an update would be nice
KingTaoLee
LVHAlfons

Title

@laziboi87
What's the Android version? If you are using Android 4.4+, uploading to external SD card is not supported. But we are working on making Android 5.0+ supported.

Can you attach a screenshot of the System/storage/ext_sd and System/sdcard2? Thanks.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 38