ext sd card shows wrong size

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:37 pm in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
kmodek

Title

Seeing this issue as well. Reports the wrong sized SD card. Have 32GB and shows about 4GB of 4.5GB available. It is beta. Looks like users have been posting here for a while.
kmodek
mdmoli

Title

Same SDCard capcity issue with my Galaxy S3. I had a 32Gb card previously, and AirDroid showed it as a 12Gb card. The 32Gb card fried, and now I am using an old 8Gb card temporarily. Amazingly, AirDroid still shows it as a 12Gb card. My phone has 12Gb internal memory. Could that be related? Sure would like to hear an answer ...
mdmoli
tbryson92110

Title

The lack of responses to all these issues is going to kill this app. I'm already looking for an alternative. Why bother putting up a support site then ignore all your users' pleas?
tbryson92110
hardin

Title

I found the reason on an earlier forum post. Samsung mount the internal memory storage at /mnt/SdCard and the external card at /mnt/extSdCard
Airdroid (and I'm assuming the majority of Android device manufacturers) mount the external card at /mnt/SdCard (I don't know where they mount the internal card).

You can still view all the files on the external card using the 'files' icon in airdroid. Browse through to /mnt directory.
hardin
johnadelic

Title

Same here with Galaxy Tablet 2 7.0... 32GB SD-card is showing as 12GB, same as internal memory.

Odd thing is though... when I try with my Galaxy Y Duos, it shows correctly.

But as sroot pointed out before, might be a mounting issue. On the Galaxy Y the SD-card is simply mounted as SD and the system is..well "System". Tab internal memory is mounted as SDcard, external card as ExtSDcard.. Damn you Samsung
@-)
johnadelic
jmstorn

Title

I took out my sd card, saved a copy on my pc, put sd card back in galaxy tablet, formatted card, plugged in via usb to pc copied stuff back to card. Now its showing correct size.
jmstorn
jmstorn

Title

Have galaxy tab 2 8gb with 16gb sd card
jmstorn
therocketzara

Title

Galaxy Note2 AT&T Version
When looking at the SDcard storage I see:

Internal 8.8 GB / 11.1 GB
External 8.8 GB / 11.0 GB

I have a 32 GB external SD card installed
therocketzara
wisemanx2004

Title

Same issue here,

Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II 16 GB (GT-n7100)
O/S: Android 4.1.2

Current Configuration with 64 GB Micro SD showing on AirDroid:

SD: 6.36 GB / 10.46 GB (correct)
ExSD: 6.36/ 10.36 GB (incorrect)

Although I cannot recall the exact numbers, I had the exact same problem when using a 16 GB external Micro SD card
wisemanx2004
Schwaeble

Title

I have the same problem, although my tablet is a generic non brand name. I have a 16 GB Micro SD card mounted but AirDroid is only showing a capacity of 1.58 GB
Can any one from support shed any light on this subject?
Schwaeble
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235447

Latest Member: Polo

Online: 51