SMS text

Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
alko
OP

SMS text

Why i can't select text of SMS in AirDroid interface? I have select text on phone and pass it to big brother via clipboard or click Forward and copy text in new message!
alko
aarondickson411

Title

I cannot send messages via AirDroid. They constantly say they are "in process" and they never go through. It would be faster for me to just text on my phone. I also do not get texts on AirDroid from my phone.
aarondickson411
LVHAlfons

Title

@alko We will improve this in future updates.
@slocklear Should it be possible that the connection is broken?
LVHAlfons
Kleiner_Loewe

Title

This seems to work fine over here. Most likely your connection from PC to android.
thanks,
Kleiner_Loewe
cedric

Title

I actually have the same problem where it says its sending forever and ever. The work around fix is to just hit the refresh button every few minutes and it seems to fix that problem. But to have it work automatically would be better.
cedric
mingwu

Title

I'm finiding I can send a single sms length text (less than 160 characters) but anything longer and the sending fails.
Running 4.3 Paranoid Android on a Galaxy S3
mingwu
AndersonO

Title

I am having issue with the SMS as well. If the connection is not reestablished every few minutes then the next text you send will be in "sending" status forever and never go out.
AndersonO
LVHAlfons

Title

@ferrettbadger
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

You issue might caused by custom ROM, we will add an option to split the long messages into smaller ones in future updates.
LVHAlfons
pizza15stop

Title

I had the same probem with long messages, solved by opening the screen lock on the my Moto G. Very long messages might then be split in two but that was fine.I now have the opposite problem - my last long message went off chopped into 14 little chunks - far smaller than the previous allowance.
Just discovered the recipient received a complete message so I can live with it being in bits on my phone, but it would be great if it was optional!
pizza15stop
cvika

Title

The issue I've found with splitting lengthy text messages is that there is not necessarily a standard amongst carriers as to a maximum text message length.

Usually, I receive lengthy text messages split every 160-180 characters or so. But I have a couple of contacts that have the capacity to send a single gigantic text message. I'm not sure if they're using a special app, or if it's their carrier, but I've gotten texts that were greater than 160 characters before, only from a few of my contacts though.

So maybe it'd be a good idea to have a toggle in the settings letting the user decided whether they want to split their long messages or ship them as a giant block. I don't know if this will be technically feasible, or if it'll be useful to anyone, but it'd be nifty.
cvika
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235041

Latest Member: هيا احمد

Online: 45