Wrong available free space on ExtSDCard since last update

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:40 am in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.
Would you try access your external SD card by visiting the path "System" > " /mnt/extSdCard " in the "Files" on the web desktop?

And as to this issue, we will figure out a solution in next update.
LVHAlfons
matos

Title

I don't know what you mean. At least provide with a FULL how-to guide for what you want us to do! Lazy!

what does this mean? How do you do that?
"Would you try access your external SD card by visiting the path "System" > " /mnt/extSdCard " in the "Files" on the web desktop?"
matos
LVHAlfons

Title

We are really sorry for the inconvenience this have caused.

You can sign in to web.airdroid.com > click "Files" and find "System" in the list > browse the system files and find "sdcard" folder. You may try uploading files here. This is a temporary solution and it might not work for you. But our team are busy working on this and will try to figure out a solution for everyone who encountered this.

As to your issue that "AirDroid cannot see the full free space left on ExtSD card", we have found out the cause and this will be fixed in next update.

@all Would you please send us your device model, Android version and the external SD card path of your device to support@airdroid.com? It would be appreciated if you guys could help us do some tests on this.
LVHAlfons
Dr_Reza

Title

HiSense M470BSA
/System/mnt/sdcard2
Dr_Reza
dwb134

Title

External SDcard capacity is shown wrongly (as 16gb).
dwb134
dwb134

Title

Good but ... The Ext.SdCard storage information is wrong. The Sdcard capacity is always shown as 16gb even if 32gb or 8 gb.
dwb134
dwb134

Title

I have tried on the Samsung Galaxy Note phone&tablet series. The Ext.SdCard storage information is wrong. The Sdcard capacity is always shown as 16gb even if 32gb or 8 gb.
dwb134
mikebouzoukis

Title

Hi guys, my device is Galaxy S4 (i9500) and I'm having the same issue mentioned above. AirDroid reads my external SD card (which is 16 GB) as having only 8.3 GB of total space & only 612 MB of free space. Please fix the problem. Other than this issue, your work is just awesome. Regards from Iraq.
mikebouzoukis
randomgemini7

Title

Still nothing on this eh? I like this airdroid interface. The problem on on S3 is that it is reporting my external SD card capacity as being the same as the internal capacity.
IE. I have a 32G device with a 64G sd card. Airdroid report 26G free space for BOTH,. That is correct for the internal memory, but the external sdcard should be showing 54G available.

No biggy for me at the monent, but it will be nice when it is fixed.
randomgemini7
matos

Title

I don't think they will ever fix it, they're just incompetent. Other apps got it right such as WIFI File Transfer. This issue has been going on for months and months and still nothing. So either they're not good enough or they just don't give a damn about our expectations! Personaly, I've moved on!
matos
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235424

Latest Member: Luis coronado

Online: 13