Constant crashes

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
Zoookey
OP

Constant crashes

Hi there!

I'm using Airdroid v2.0.5.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus with a stock Android 4.3. The problem is that I can't connect to my phone almost every time. It is like winning the jackpot when i connect. The website launches, goes to 100% and asks me to enter my username and password. I do that and then it says I have something wrong. Then I start clicking the Reconnect button until it connects. But connecting doesn't happen very often... IF I somehow get connected, a failed connection error might appear and then I have to do everything again. It is pretty annoying! And why the phone should be with screen on to connect and operate? In the earlier versions this was not necessary. The app is very useful and good looking but those bugs are very very annoying... Is there anything that could be done?

Thank you!
Zoookey
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.
Is there any error message when the connection failed? Would you please send us a screenshot of this?

AirDroid doesn't require your screen on. You may check if you have set any power saving mode on your device, this might close the network when your device is sleep and thus cause the disconnection.
LVHAlfons
chrissnell

Title

Well, there is no error message, just the window that says to check my connection and the reconnect button. I have no power saving mode. My wi-fi and data connections stay alive even with screen off.
I think I got it! When I open the app on my phone and connect from my laptop, there is no problem, but when the phone is only unlocked and the app is not active, the above issues appear...
chrissnell
LVHAlfons

Title

Would you please open AirDroid app on your device, go to "Settings" and check the status of "Push service"? Or you may try refresh the web browser, reboot your device, reinstall AirDroid and try again.
LVHAlfons
chrissnell

Title

Tried all of those. Well, I'll first run the app on my phone and then connect through my laptop. This is the only way everything happens as expected. Thank you for your help!

Have a nice day :)
chrissnell
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for the continued feedback. We will record your problem and try to figure out the cause of this. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us :)

BTW, have you checked the status of "Push service" in AirDroid app? Does it show "Connected" or "Disconnected"?
LVHAlfons
chrissnell

Title

The Push Service show Connected.
chrissnell
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235487

Latest Member: Muhammed Karasö