External SD-card not detected

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 am in AirDroid Web

page 7 / 8 << 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 >> go to
Anarion

Title

Galaxy Note 3 has this problem too. I mean, you can get to the external sdcard via filesystem tree, but it's inconvenient. Not to mention the scary warning ;-)
Maybe if it's hard to find out where the external SD is from the system, it could be configured by user? If he wants to? It would be better than what we have now.
Anarion
Ericruiz

Title

Hi.
AirDroid works on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
I tried it on Firefox and saw that the extremely useful function Select a directory (on the PC) is said to be active only on Chrome. So I downloaded Chrome (or more precisely Chromium) on my Ubuntu Linux 12.10 and tried again. The aforementioned button was active on Chromium, and I could select the whole content of a directory of my PC and get it in the upload zone. BUT... this time System was not available, and so my external SD Card was not available.

Another problem : when loading files from PC in the upload zone and then uploading them, I see that the transfered files are created at the root of the internal phone card. Thus I have then to move them all, one after the other, to their final place on the phone : very clumsy indeed !

All in all, it seems that the PC>Phone file transfer function is still in infancy and not fully usable for a regular use or for use with many files at a time. Or perhaps I missed something ?
Ericruiz
Ericruiz

Title

I missed something indeed.
It is very easy to define the target directory : you just have to select it in the directories tree on the left. Workd fine now.
Moreover under Firefox the option Select a directory, would be better if it worked, but you may select all the files in the PC directory and drag and drop them in the AirDroid upload zone.
Almost everything OK by now....
Ericruiz
holgerdaniel

Title

i did this and it worked:from the web browser on your computer, go to "System/Removable/MicroSD"
all of the file in your external SD card are inside this folder and you are free to edit(upload, download, open, delete,etc) them!
holgerdaniel
viglio

Title

Hi, I just updated my Galxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113 to the official Android 4.1 Jellybean from Kies. One thing I noticed is that when I open it in Airdroid, it doesn't show or access anymore the External SD card which before it does. Any Solution on this? Thanks
viglio
Rr9

Title

It seems to me and I have read on other forum sites that this inability to access files on a EXT SD card is intentional. This forum speculated that both Winamp and Android are aware that the ability to store large amounts of files on you phone or device is what we are all seeking to do.. However the changing world of portable devices is leaning towards the "Cloud Mentality" The idea is that if all phone owners have all their music stored on their phone they would not need to sign up for an pay for cloud storage. As far as I understand it.. with "Dropbox" for instance.. you get free storage.. for a couple of GB.. but the amount of data throughput is limited in a per month thing.. unless you are a paying customer.. (Please somone can come up with the details better then I )... There have been many complaints about this problem.. this is why a lot of resellers of phone give away 50 GB of Dropbox storage if you buy a new Galaxy S3.. So in this speculation, you would stream your music to your WINAMP instead of playing it from your ext SD.. I think the idea of storage on your phone is something the manufacturers are trying to change.. I am no expert on this.. but to me.. if it looks like a rose , smells like a rose and pricks you like a rose.. Its a rose...
Rr9
naser

Title

seems that the upload files to the folder "sd card / AirDroid / upload" and then moves to "external sd" therefore, the size of the files has a limit that gives the size of the sdcard least occupied by other files on it. someone has a solution for this?

sorry for the translation, it is automatic google

Thanks
naser
simba0915

Title

Same issue here!
No external SD Card recognized by airdroid on the desktop.

However! I did find a nice app that lets you move your external sd to your internal!

Root External 2 Internal SD ---- needs root access!
simba0915
Jaycee4me

Title

Figured it out. External SD card is now recognized, giving full access for both import/export and any mods desired.
Jaycee4me
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 7 / 8 << 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235424

Latest Member: Luis coronado

Online: 16