Airdroid downloads corrupted zip when downloading multiple files

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:59 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
arun_golla
OP

Airdroid downloads corrupted zip when downloading multiple files

Tested on Micromax A110(SoC-MTK6577, Android 4.1) and Asus Nexus 7 2013(On android 4.3) on Windows 8.1 Pro on latest versions of firefox and chrome.

When downloading multiple files or a folder with multiple files as a zip from web interface, it gives me a corrupted zip.
For instance when downloading a folder with files of total size 100MB, the downloading starts fine, stops at around 20MB but had happened most of the times at 16.1MB which obviously is a corrupted file.
Tried in two different computers with same result.
However individual files download very well regardless of it's size. Downloaded a 1gb file to test this. worked fine.

Edit:
It works fine a FEW times but not usually. attached a pic.
Okay i've got hold of some old apk files. This problem is present since the first release of version 2.0.
the old Version 1.1.0 works fine.
arun_golla
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi arun_golla,
Thanks for the info and sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused. We will look into this and try to fix this asap.
LVHAlfons
JaredBide

Title

Thanks for the prompt reply admin. Did the same thing happen to you?
JaredBide
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi arun_golla,
Sorry for the late reply.

We've tested this and we cannot reproduce your issue.

Can you open the "corrupted zip" you get? Should it be possible that the connection between your device and PC was interrupted during downloading files? And does this happen under LAN Connection Mode, Remote Connection Mode, or Lite Mode?

And would you please try to download other files to see if the issue remains? Or you may send the files you tried to download to support@airdroid.com so that we can do a test again?
LVHAlfons
JaredBide

Title

Okay, the latest update solved it.
JaredBide
LVHAlfons

Title

@arun_golla,
Glad to hear that :)

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or suggestions about AirDroid.
LVHAlfons
GrazynaRi

Title

hi admin,
i'm having the same problem as arun_golla had.

it appears randomly, unrelated to size or content.
the zip downloads about 16mb then stops.

opening with winrar results in the warning that the archive is either of unknown format or damaged.
most frustrating !

is there a limit on how many files can be transferred in one hit ?

initially i tried 30 with no success.

subsequent attempts with 6, 9 and 13 were successful.
GrazynaRi
LVHAlfons

Title

@audio,
Would you please tell us your device model, what browser are you using, Android version and AirDroid version? And does this happen under LAN Connection Mode, Remote Connection Mode, or Lite Mode?
LVHAlfons
JaredBide

Title

It seems to be perfectly fine for me now. The problem occurred to me when tested on both lan and lite mode. Never tested the remote connection mode though. However it wasn't the problem of network connection cause another app called 'wifi file transfer' worked fine and I assure you the network connection was stable.

Also why is multiple downloading slow on airdroid. It never passes 3MBPS. Other software seem to be doing much better job at 8-10MBPS.

@audio
Did you test on the latest version of airdroid. It solved the problem for me.
JaredBide
midnight426

Title

I am having the exact problem as arun, download of multiple files stop at 16.1mb resulting in a corrupted file.
Problem happens under LAN and Lite mode. Haven't tried Remote Connection mode.
Device model: HTC Sensation running a custom ROM (Android Revolution HD 6.8.0)
Android version: 4.0.3.
Airdroid version: 2.0.5.2
Browser: Firefox 25.0
midnight426
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 80