Nexus 5 and Airdroid

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
ValensHawke
OP

Nexus 5 and Airdroid

So, I just got the Google Nexus 5 today and I cannot send text messages from the Airdroid page. It simply says "Error. Failed to send message." It is able to handle received messages. If it helps, I installed Go SMS Pro cause I absolutely hated Google solution to SMS texting (Google Hangouts. No thanks).
ValensHawke
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi ValensHawke,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Does sending SMS with the default SMS app of your device work well?
LVHAlfons
ShannanTi

Title

This is actually due to the way Google has routed their SMS through Hangouts. I suspect Airdroid will have to release an update to fix this issue. I hope this will come soon, as Airdroid is quickly becoming an everyday app for me.
ShannanTi
MurdocNicalls

Title

Quickly please. I have a premium membership and need the functionality asap. Thanks.
MurdocNicalls
MonicaFernandes

Title

I could really do with this functionality after getting a Nexus 5 as well.
Thanks
MonicaFernandes
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks for the continued feedback. Our team are busy working on this and will try to figure out a solution asap.
LVHAlfons
rdtrash

Title

I'm in the same boat. Just moved form my Galaxy Nexus, where this worked well, to a new Nexus 5 and it's not working.I'm more than happy to help out with testing and have completed the form linked above.
rdtrash
mikjonf

Title

The hotfix you sent out works perfectly. So it looks like Airdroid is on track for coming out with an official release that fully supports 4.4
mikjonf
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235540

Latest Member: ekam

Online: 56