Firefox and AirDroid doesn`t work

Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:57 pm in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi jshaw42,
Glad to hear that. Feel free to let us know if you need any help :)

@cocomango83,
Would you please tell us the connection mode you are using? LAN Connection Mode, Remote Connection Mode or Lite Mode? Would you please send us a screenshot of this? You may post it here or send it to support@airdroid.com :)
LVHAlfons
dinsorkungLIVE

Title

I have the same problem with Firefox 25 and 26 on Win7
Only in HTTPS mode
Any solution to this?
dinsorkungLIVE
cvika

Title

@keeboudi

That's probably because AirDroid only supports connections across HTTP at the moment (or so I've gathered from a lot of the posts about that on this forum). I believe that they have HTTPS support in the works though (at least I hope...).
cvika
thomast15

Title

I ran into this too when I try HTTP on my Galaxy S3. I did a little looking around after I saw a Firebug console message:

SecurityError: The operation is insecure (required.js, line 5)

That line is a lot of JS so I wondered what in the code could be wrong since some say it works. I did not get deep into the script but I looked around for similar reports. I wonder if the problem is this one:

Firefox not able to enumerate document.styleSheets[].cssRules[] for cross-domain stylesheets.

(From http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5323604/firefox-not-able-to-enumerate-document-stylesheets-cssrules )

There is a workaround for it but I have yet to try using it. (See the Expanded Support section of http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2013/06/25/media-queries-are-not-the-answer-element-query-polyfill/ )

When I try over HTTPS FF reports:

HTTPS connection is not supported by your current web browser. Please try Google Chrome or Safari

and I do not get the connection confirmation dialog on the device.

I use FF by default over other choices so I really would like to figure out why this fails when I connect in Lite mode but not other times.

Bruce
thomast15
IQuintana

Title

@CodeMonkey's suggestion did not help me. It is possible that the combination of cookies and cross-domain restrictions in FF and in any security related extensions (I have a few) is the root cause.

Surprised Chrome doesn't complain about XSS or mixed content, though.
IQuintana
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235389

Latest Member: manu

Online: 25