Remote Connection Fix!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:26 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
toyanucci
OP

Remote Connection Fix!!!!!!!

I used to be able to connect in LAN mode before, but after moving, the cable company provided me with a new router/modem and no matter how I tried, all I could get was Remote Connection Mode. I searched high and low, here on this forum and elsewhere and nothing anyone suggested helped. This evening I was changing the wifi password on my router when I noticed the section "AP Isolation" and moused over it. Low and behold, this was indeed the reason why LAN mode stopped working! I disabled it and saved, rebooted the router and now it works again!!! I am so glad I figured this out because it was really bumming me out for the better part of a YEAR.

All you guys with this same issue, check your routers for this "feature" and disable it. If you aren't tech savvy, google your router name and "ap isolation" and maybe you will get info on how to access it and disable it.
toyanucci
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi toyanucci,
Thanks for your valuable feedback :) Would you mind if we add your discovery in our Help Center?
LVHAlfons
Malak

Title

Add it, it will help MANY others!! I was so confused for so long as to why it used to work then stopped, works at other friends houses and doesn't at mine. Hope this indeed helps shed some light on the situation as this is a beautiful app!!
Malak
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks!
LVHAlfons
dangerclimb53

Title

Hey i've same problem, i cant use lan mode anymore after upgrading my connectify, only remote mode available, how can i fix it?
dangerclimb53
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi EzHas,
Would you please refer to the post of toyanucci to see if it helps?
LVHAlfons
dangerclimb53

Title

I'm still unable using LAN mode, only Remote mode available, i'm using conectify as my only wifi apps, it's work before, but now it's not.
I'm sorry i've to uninstalled it, but believe me, it was perfect apps, i don't have to see my phone when i'm on my laptop and still can send and reply message, but now, it's gone
I'm so sad
dangerclimb53
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi EzHas,
You may try tethering if you don't have network connection.

Please refer to the guide here: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1296187
LVHAlfons
IPoltpali

Title

This solved my issue ...it was really helpful for me .. I was lyk scratching my head till now..:p thanks bro for sharing the info..
IPoltpali
clay57andy

Title

AP Isolation, or Access Point Isolation, is designed for people who want to protect devices from accessing one another. This is a default setting when you have an open/free network (such as at a coffee shop, etc) or when you have multiple users who do not necessarily want to share their computer's contents. A university campus, hospital, or other such location is a good example. This is designed to protect people who may not have the tightest security on their device, or don't realize that they have open shares which can be accessed with basic tools (such as Windows hidden $ shares). I could understand the frustration/confusion about this setting especially if you don't connect between other computers on your network. Many people run into this when they can't access media servers or computer shares via their wireless devices and discover the "AP Isolation" setting at that point.

I understand the need to monetize the program, but the method is a little weird. Ideally, this connection should not require proxy/VPN service and therefore shouldn't cost AirDroid anything, much like a remote desktop session between two computers. There are many free Dynamic DNS services out there, but most will charge $20/year to provide this type of service. This seems to be the basic function that AirDroid Premium provides, which is why the data quota limits and file size limitation seems a little bizarre. What difference does it make if I'm using my cellular data, which I'm paying for, and my ISP connection to my computer, which I am also paying for. I thought that AirDroid came with my Sprint HTC One, packaged with other programs such as Swype and 50GB DropBox (for 2 years). Since it is also free via Play Store, etc...I think a one time fee for the program makes sense for those savvy enough to understand how to setup their own DDNS or those who mostly use it on their own private networks w/o the need for address forwarding. Perhaps you can consider this as an alternate way to monetize w/o the strange limitations of "Lite Mode".
clay57andy
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 84