Not an easy program to use

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:51 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
DickSnow
OP

Not an easy program to use

I installed AirDroid on two phones and like the features. I can't figure out how to set it up to use the web for connecting to my phones. Since I have a router, it automatically connects to both phones via the router. Whenever the phones are not here, even though the AirDroid program is running on the phone, I'm not able to connect to either phone through the web access. This kind of defeats the purpose of disabling the phone if it's lost or stolen unless you can get the person who has the phone to set it up for you to do that. Instructions are sorely lacking in explaining how to connect web vs LAN.
DickSnow
evoogd

Title

You should be able to do this. I use my google account to authenticate with Airdroid, so once I click on the google button to authenticate at web.airdroid.com, it automatically connects to my phone. Make sure push service is enabled in airdroid settings on the phone. In fact, you should be able to connect even if airdroid is not running on the phone, the push service will wake up airdroid (this appears to be currently buggy in the latest version of android/airdroid, but worked flawlessly in past versions). Good luck!
evoogd
cvika

Title

@DickSnow

Are you like me and turn off mobile data when you connect the phones to a WiFi network? If the phone's aren't connected to the mobile network while they aren't in close proximity to some accessible WiFi network, then you aren't going to be able to connect to it via web.airdroid.com.

If that's not the case, can you list out your phone model(s), and Android version(s)?

@vbz

Word yo, Word. B-)
cvika
turretpepper4

Title

Recently, the only way you can reach to your phone wirelessly is by wireless network like wifi, mobile data, etc, so if your phone lost connect to the network, you lost your phone.
turretpepper4
OlgaNutte

Title

Push service is enabled

Phone is connected to Airdroid

Wi-Fi on phone is off

Have Razr Maxx phones with Android 4.1.2

Still won't connect.
OlgaNutte
turretpepper4

Title

@DickSnow1. push service works only in remote mode.
2.make sure your phone have connected to the internet by wifi or mobile data.
If still not work, that's a bug in 2.0.7. you may try some old versions like 2.0.6.
turretpepper4
LVHAlfons

Title

Thanks! @vbz @mgsfan @zechau
@DickSnow,

"Wi-Fi on phone is off"? You mean mobile network is disabled and your device is connected to Wi-Fi network?

Would you please open AirDroid app and then build the connection? There are some problems on Push service now. We are looking into this issue and will make improvements in next update.
LVHAlfons
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235019

Latest Member: lying lichen

Online: 39