We should _never_ have to re-enter our password on the app.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 pm in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
HippoMan
OP

We should _never_ have to re-enter our password on the app.

In struggling with the ongoing connection problems that I've been experiencing, I thought of one small change that will probably make a huge positive difference:

The app should persist the user ID and password, and if the connection drops, the same user ID and password should be used to automatically attempt a reconnection. This way, we will never have to re-enter (and re-enter ... and re-enter ... and re-enter ...) our password within the app when there are connection failures. The app would automatically retry periodically with the same credentials until the connection is re-established.

If this feature is added (perhaps controlled by a user setting), I believe that most of the symptoms of the recent disconnect problems will disappear.

Thank you for at least considering this suggestion.
HippoMan
search2throat

Title

Hello again Hippoman - im not getting any response from Airdroid regarding my requests for connection problem help & am just beginning to wonder if Airdroid is just someones hobby, im not sure how often this forum is checked.
Its now being spammed with random rubbish - will check back tomorrow to see if the spam is still there
search2throat
quail60drain

Title

Hi again, blanko.

Yes, I see the spams. Whether or not AirDroid is a part-time endeavor, I'm still hanging in here for a while longer before I give up. I have also written software as after-normal-working-hours endeavors, and I sympathize with the struggles of solving problems in a timely fashion under these circumstances.

Also, you mentioned pocket.do. I tried it, but I recently upgraded my device from 4.3.1 to 4.4.2, and pocket.do stopped working. It's some sort of KitKat issue, no doubt.

I'll still keep looking for alternatives.
quail60drain
cvika

Title

Considering the amount of functionality that has been baked into Airdroid, I'd be willing to say that this is not some side hobby that one or two people just picked up one day. There are a lot of features that most people probably haven't used, which are actually fairly complicated. This leads me to believe that there is a team of people working on it constantly.

That being said, in all likelihood it's probably a small team working on AirDroid that has a lot on their plate. And the team probably has a schedule of prioritized action items to add to AirDroid (or at least they're supposed to, I know how that goes as well ;) ) They'll get around to stuff when they get get around to it.

The forum admin gets on once or twice a week to address peoples' concerns publicly. They don't seem to get on during the weekends which is when this thread was started, and I do not believe they're obligated to do so.
cvika
search2throat

Title

Yeah fair comment - would be grateful if they could acknowledge that there are still connection/functionality issues though and whether there are any planned upgrades to fix the problems. Ive also asked via email and havent had a reply.
Hippoman and myself are using different versions of Android so its not a "niche" problem with a particular phone/android version combination.
search2throat
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235381

Latest Member: Ts

Online: 23