Broken SMS sending multiples, urgent

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 am in AirDroid Web

page 4 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
headselect2

Title

We would love to make any improvement possible, whenever it’s technically feasible. Please kindly stay tuned.
headselect2
cvika

Title

An interesting observation I've noticed. The first time I message in a thread, I can send a message that's greater than 67 characters long. But every message I send after the first one gets split at 67 characters.

The next thing I'm going to test is refreshing/reconnecting AirDroid before I send a lengthy text message, and see if that doesn't have an effect.
cvika
edgerclerk3

Title

Just installed Airdroid for the specific reason of texting from my desktop and unfortunately I'm running into this problem as well. Texts are broken up into lengths of 67 characters in length.
Messaging App on Phone: Textra
Device: Note 4
Version: Android 4.4.4

I do not want to subject people to multiple short texts as it is very annoying so if it is not fixed I will have to find other alternatives. Thank you for considering the problem.
edgerclerk3
HyeWhisler

Title

Has this been fixed. I'm on Nexus 5 lollipop. airdroid on iMac Mavericks. my main app on my phone is google messenger. Help?
HyeWhisler
BryantFike

Title

It's a bit disappointing that this has been a prominent issue for over a year now, and no signs of a fix seem forthcoming. I wouldn't even mind if I had to set AirDroid to the default SMS app, because I like being able to reply from my computer and get notifications on my computer when I'm at home. Apparently I can't set AirDroid as the default SMS app, however.
This is really frustrating, and renders a very useful, likable app nearly useless because of the inconvenience it causes by sending the recipient and unnecessary duplicate message. It's annoying, and frankly not really worth it.

Maybe this will get fixed sometime in another year...maybe not.
BryantFike
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 4 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235534

Latest Member: TigerKitten

Online: 1