Broken SMS sending multiples, urgent

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 am in AirDroid Web

page 3 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
santa4week

Title

I've since stopped using Airdroid, so good luck with fixing bugs!
santa4week
valdezrene81

Title

Same issue here. Nexus 4 on Stock 4.4.4 Thankfully it appears support is right that the recipient does in fact receive a single message even though it looks like it sent as multiples from the device. To test this, I just sent myself a long text, which upon sending Airdroid looks like it split into 4 separate messages. Receiving the message however did yield a single message. See attached. Hopefully it's the case for my actual recipients. See attached screenshot. Glad to know it's a known issue at least.
UPDATE: The recipient does NOT actually always receive the broken message as a single long message. I just sent another test to a friend with an iPhone on iOS 8, and he said he received the message as 4 separate texts, exactly how it displayed on my end. Good to know it's a known issue with the single SMS app of 4.4, but for this app to tout these features, it needs to support them properly!

valdezrene81
cvika

Title

@Phreak
Thanks for backing me up yo! I'm glad I wasn't the only one having intermittent text message transmission issues. It seems to me like sometimes I'll send a long text, and they'll get it all in one, and sometimes I send a text and the recipient receives the message broken up into several texts.
cvika
congajoe3

Title

Just FYI - happening to me too. I'm on the new LG 3; Android version 4.4.2

Also, I've noticed that when into Settings from the phone and choose "allowed apps" it won't save my changes. Really frustrating.
congajoe3
chick19french

Title

I quit using airdroid for a while because of this and recently came back and was surprised to see it still hadn't been fixed. I've got a Galaxy S4 on 4.4.2.
chick19french
jason4skin

Title

me too experiencing same broken sms problem. Pls kindly FIX it soon
jason4skin
jason4skin

Title

me too experiencing same broken sms problem. Pls kindly FIX it soon
jason4skin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics