Contacts trouble

Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:05 pm in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
F9265

Title

For both the contacts and the call logs, I see capabilities for doing via AirDroid the things I can do on my phone, but I can't see how to download the contact and call log data to my computer. I imagine I can find that date via "files", but have no idea what files that data is kept in under android.

I'd like to make backup copies of these data from my phone to my computer, as plain text files, but don't see how to use AirDroid to do that. Can you enlighten me?
F9265
F9265

Title

In the latest Airdroid version, when I've connected successfully via the wifi hotspot provided by my phone provider, and using the local address provided on my phone by Airdroid, I see in the Airdroid window on my computer icons for contacts. When I click that icon, and see the window it opens, I see buttons for "delete", "refresh", "+new contact", together with a "search" entry and an "edit" button at the bottom right, but I see no way (as I do when I'm using the interface for photos, for instance) for "download" or "upload". What I want to do is upload my contacts list data to my computer, as a plain text (ascii) file.

As I indicated in the previous post, I think I should be able to use the "files", instead of "contacts", icon to do this, but don't know where (what file, in what folder) android keeps my phone contacts list.

Does Airdroid have a way to download my contacts to my computer?

Similarly for the "call log". Is there a way to download it to my computer?
F9265
F9265

Title

Similarly for "messages". Is there a way to download that data to my computer?
F9265
LVHAlfons

Title

Hi dystan,
Thanks for your suggestions.

But sorry, backing up (downloading) messages, call log and contacts is not supported by current AirDroid version.

We've gathered your feature request and will try to make improvements in future updates :)

Feel free to let us know if you need any help.
LVHAlfons
F9265

Title

Yes, I do need help, then, in identifying where that data is stored in the filesystem -- that I can access via the "files" facility that your app does support. I know it's there, but I just haven't found it yet. It's an awful lot of research that, if each of us that needs it pursues, we'd each have to do separately. It sure would be a big help to have some guidance so that I can apply my own development expertise to solving my problem.

I also remember that, when I used to use BitPim, it had the capability to do exactly what I'm seeking. It's partly why I've been suprised that your app doesn't seem to have that capability. Got an ETA on when you're likely to have it added?
F9265
xknavarezh

Re: Contacts trouble

I'd like to make backup copies of these data from my phone to my computer, as plain text files, but don't see how to use AirDroid to do that. Can you enlighten me?

If you failed to backup copies to your computer with AirDroid, you can try other solutions. Some android backup has apk files to download, you can have a try.
xknavarezh
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235426

Latest Member: jonesdirect

Online: 16