Airdroid is using ports blocked by most corporate firewalls

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:17 pm in AirDroid Web

page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
BagusBarff

Title

Here's a crazy idea: Work somewhere that actually RESPECTS their employees, and let the rest drown in well-deserved sky-high turnover. I know, weird concept, right?
cboteros likes this post.
BagusBarff
cboteros

Re: Airdroid is using ports blocked by most corporate firewalls

Is it there any update on this? I have the same issue where the company firewall blocks the ports that Airdroid uses.

Any way to change these ports? I understand that this shouldn't be the default behavior, but having the choice would be great.
cboteros
David

I also have this problem (of course!) because I'm behind a corporate firewall. I've literally just signed up for AirDroid, but when I try to sign in the Windows client, I get a "Failed to connect to the server (-26860)" error.

AirDroid needs to work from behind corporate firewalls and http proxies. Until then, I'm uninstalling it because it's useless for me
David
slava.tsarev

hey guys it is clear the people behind corporate firewall want to be able to use their phone/see messages from their work computers. I am wondering why it is still not addressed? This is one MAJOR usecase so you limit your audience / user base severely because of this. In fact, this is the road block for me which prevents my use of your application entirely
slava.tsarev
George Davis

This is impacting me as well. I recently stopped using Pushbullet because of their too-high new pricing scheme, and was hoping to replace most of their functionality with AirDroid. But it's useless to me due to use of ports that are blocked by my company's firewall. Let me know if you ever fix it because for now, I'm uninstalling.
George Davis
keith.l.dean

Just going to add in, that this is impacting me as well. My laptop is just about permanently on my corp VPN, which makes airdroid awesome, but useless to me . Please, please change this.
keith.l.dean
patzinga

Make your phone a wifi hotspot, connect your computer through wifi, problem solved.
patzinga
buddhabuddy

patzinga wrote:Make your phone a wifi hotspot, connect your computer through wifi, problem solved.

That is not a "solution", but a very poor workaround. Turning on the wifi hotspot turns off the phone's wifi, so your phone is using your mobile data, and since your computer is now also using the phone's connection, everything you do on your computer is ALSO using your mobile data.
buddhabuddy
B@loo

Hello !

Are there some news about this problem ?
B@loo
davisrj66

I've had to cancel my subscription because of this. I was hoping I could completely silence my phone at work. But if I can't connect through the firewall, the app is pretty useless. Please make it work.
davisrj66
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235039

Latest Member: yogo

Online: 27