page 1 / 1
robezno

Title

This has happened to me intermittently since moving to 4.4
robezno
LVHAlfons

Title

@Alemesa @ADFHogan

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

As Google has changed the mechanism of Android, if your phone is running Android 4.4+, a long text message (more than 160 characters) will be split into several parts on your side while the recipient receives one whole message.

We did try to find a workaround to this problem, but due to technical limitations, we didn't find a perfect solution. However, we’ll keep on searching for a fix.
LVHAlfons
TonkAtanK

Title

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue.

My messages are splitting randomly, one at 93, another at 67. Very disappointing.

Has there been any progress on fixing this issue recently?

Thanks
TonkAtanK
rotateyoke84

Title

Same problem for me. The SMS was 158 char long and has been split in three pieces.
rotateyoke84
JuanPMR

Title

Same for me.

I found this in the FAQ that indicates over 140 has to be broken up.

http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1653903

However, I just had a message that was 80 characters that got broken into two messages of 67 and 13.

I hope they can fix soon. That's the only thing stopping me from using this full time and considering upgrading.
JuanPMR
JuanPMR

Title

Here is the message I was referring to.
JuanPMR
JuanPMR

Title

Huh; that didn't work. Let me try again.
JuanPMR
FVQC

Title

I starting seeing the split messages when I updated from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and
The split can occur at any length - I cant see any consistency.

I cant set AirDroid to be the default message App, the only options I see on my S4 mini are 'Messages' and 'HangOuts'. I hae tried picking both and the problem still exists.
FVQC
JaimeChave

Title

I too am having this problem. It doesn't bother me that a long text message needs to be broken up but for example I had one sms message that was 158 chars give or take a space and it was broken up into 3 messages of 68, 67, and 23 characters respectively.
Another example is a message that would've been 134 characters and ended up being split into 2 of 67 characters each, and the split occurred mid word so there wasn't even a space to account for.

Something is definitely wrong.
JaimeChave
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235039

Latest Member: yogo

Online: 33