Recent connectivity issues

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:08 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
castout
OP

Recent connectivity issues

I have used premium airdroid for the past year successfully. I just renewed for 2 years several days ago and now the app will not connect with my phone. I have 4G service, strong internet connectivity through a mobile hotspot, my phone app shows I have rvice, I can log into the web site, but it will not connect to the phone. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app and it shows phone compatibility. I have been on the phone with Verizon 3 times for over an hour each time, and everything is good on their end. They feel the problem is with the app. I have sent two technical request emails but cannot access my messages since the app won't connect with the phone, and i have not gotten a response through my email account. (I have an HTC phone.)
How do i get this to work? And is there any way to talk to a live person??? I don't want to pay for a service I can't get.
castout
CBlock

Title

I cannot get mine to work either, premium user for droid bionic. I had my IT guy sit at the desk for about an hour chasing the port numbers making sure the fire wall was not the problem. He gave up...........mine still does not work.
CBlock
LVHAlfons

Title

@castout,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Has anything (settings, network environment, web browser, device model, etc.) changed when you renew AirDroid Premium?

What kind of connection mode do you use? Does your device and computer are connected to the same network?

@Derk_2014,

Can you please tell us more details on the issue? Connection mode, network environment, device model, Android version, web browser.

Thanks!
LVHAlfons
coffeecheque96

Title

I've been using Airdroid for about a month, and I have had no issues until this past week or so. I also have the premium account.
I used to be able to log into web.airdroid.com online, and it would start the app on my phone, no problem
Now I have to open the app on my phone FIRST, and then log into web.airdroid.com, and most of the time it fails to connect. I'm not on wireless, and I have 4g signal and bars, but it's just not connecting.

Sometimes it takes me a good ten minutes of turning off airdroid, turning it back on, and hoping it works before it finally, successfully connects. And then, sometimes the Airdroid app on my phone just stops running, and I have to turn it back on and reconnect.

I haven't changed any of the settings on the app since I installed it, and nothing in the environment has changed, so I'm not sure why I'm having all sorts of connection issues lately, but it's definitely frustrating.

Samsung Galaxy S4, Google Chrome, android version 4.3
coffeecheque96
gran_hechicero

Title

For the past couple of weeks, the web interface was failing to connect to my android phone, although I could still connect fine via the LAN in Lite mode; the web interface had been working fine before that. I had installed the free version on a second device whilst my original phone whilst the original was being repaired and was, at first, using the app on it without issue until this issue arose.

I tried logging out and back in various times (web browser & android phone), deleting and re-adding my Android phone to my profile and banging my head against a wall trying (unsuccessfully) to stop/uninstall/reinstall the Airdroid app on Adroid (I managed logged out but couldn't remove the app from the 'apps running' list), all to no avail.

Once my original phone was returned to me repaired (new motherboard, hence completely wiped), I reinstalled the Airdroid app, logged in successfully, but still had the same problems failing to connect via the web interface. Eventually I got it to work after repeatedly trying all of the same steps described above. I noticed the original phone had been duplicated in the 'Devices' associated with my profile and maybe it was editing the name of the duplicate device and then removing that did the trick.

I hope this helps anyone who has the same frustrating experience and, if I was making any mistakes or am ignorant of something in the config that could avoid these issues, then I would dearly love to know.
gran_hechicero
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235453

Latest Member: dd

Online: 51