Multiple Desktops Button

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:47 am in AirDroid Web

page 1 / 1
jjd
OP

Multiple Desktops Button

Where is the Multiple Desktops Button in Airdroid 2.1.0? I just installed Airdroid 2.1.0 on two devices: a ZTE Valet Z665C smartphone (Android 4.1.1) and an Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet (Android 4.2.2). According to YouTube videos and a web site mentioned in this Forum (http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/04/25 ... nd-inside/) there should be a Multiple Desktops icon in the Search Bar area to the immediate right of the search field. My Search Bar has instead a Widgets icon to the right of the search field. Can someone please tell me how to activate (or locate) the Multiple Desktops feature in Airdroid 2.1.0? I am on an iMac running OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard and Chrome v8.0.2125.104. Thanks.
jjd
headselect2

Title

Hi @jjd,
Multiple Desktops Button is supposed to be on the web.airdroid.com, not in the AirDroid 2.1.0.
You can use it according to the following screenshot. Feel free to contact us if you need any help.

headselect2
anger5beat

Title

Hi,
You are right, I misspoke: I meant to say the Multiple Desktops button in "web.android.com." In any event, your screenshot, above, is exactly what I see: however, in Version 1 it appears that the Widget button (above) was previously called the Multiple Desktops button that had an icon with four small squares, representing the various home screens on the Android device (smartphone, tablet, etc.). It was my understanding that this Multiple Desktops button would allow you to move the shortcuts and widgets around on your device's various home screens. This feature would be very handy since trying to move shortcuts from one home screen to another on the device itself is rather cumbersome.

However, after further research, it seems that the Multiple Desktops button only allows you to create multiple "work spaces" within the web.android.com interface in which you can add, customize, and arrange shortcuts, folders, etc. Do I now understand this correctly? If so, is there a way to move shortcuts and widgets on the device from one home screen to another (my smartphone has nine home screens) within web.android.com? Like I mentioned, this feature would be very handy.

Thanks so much,

jjd
anger5beat
headselect2

Title

Hi @jjd,
Thanks for your good suggestion. We will take it into consideration and hope AirDroid will surprise you in the future. Thanks.
headselect2
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235447

Latest Member: Polo

Online: 55